Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>The Brick (robusto) by Torano
Starscream 09:00 PM 03-05-2009
I received this stick in a five pack sampler from marscigars.com. Never heard of it before until I received it in the sampler. It's box-pressed, the size is 5x60, a sumatra wrapper with Honuran binder and filler.

The first third was a little bitter w/ slight hints of ammonia. I was tempted to put it out, but I gave it a chance. I'm glad I did. The stick picked up in strength and the flavor got better as it progressed. The second and final third were quite sweet and smooth. I wish it had a little more spice (not much there), but overall I enjoyed it. Not bad for a cheap stick. I'd give it an overall rating of 7.5 out of 10.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:11 PM 03-05-2009
Let it rest a bit. This is a great cigar for the price. Never had the amonia problem with them.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:39 AM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Let it rest a bit. This is a great cigar for the price. Never had the amonia problem with them.
Ammonia may be due to the fact that I lit this one w/ a Bic rather than a torch. I find sticks usually taste different early on when I light w/ a Bic.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:59 AM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Ammonia may be due to the fact that I lit this one w/ a Bic rather than a torch. I find sticks usually taste different early on when I light w/ a Bic.
My house is a "No Bic" zone:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:56 AM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
My house is a "No Bic" zone:-)
Normally it is at mine too. Couldn't find my torch, so I used my wife's lighter (she's a cigarette smoker).
[Reply]
Up