Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Camel Snus
livwire68 03:32 AM 02-25-2009
Ok just stopped by 7-11 for a beverage and noticed camel now makes a snus. Has anyone tried it? I have always wanted to try the "real stuff" but for now I will have to try camel's. They had two flavors "frost and mellow" which have a special little fridge at the store for them. Will post more when I try them.
[Reply]
The Professor 04:19 AM 02-25-2009
yeah ... I don't like it. someone posted a link up here a little while back for a website where you can get a free can of the REAL stuff ($1 shipping), which I like a lot better. every once in a while, I'll pop one in for a nice little zing and a burst of tobaccoie goodness.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:30 AM 02-25-2009
I've seen and have been wondering about how good it is. I still can't pull the trigger and prefer to buy the imported stuff at a Tinder Box near me.
[Reply]
Footbag 06:36 AM 02-25-2009
My best friend is a sales rep for Camel Snus. I've tried both the Menthol and the Natural. I prefer menthol, but the natural is OK(Tastes like flavored sweet cigars). The menthol reminds me of wintergreen Skoal pouches, but if my wife catches me with them, I'm in trouble.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:00 AM 02-25-2009
Camel snus is the Keystone Light of snus. I'm going through about 12 different kinds of snus I got from getnus.com. I would try their free sample and see the difference. I'm loving this stuff.

MCS
[Reply]
croatan 08:19 AM 02-25-2009
The camel snus is way too mild for me. I much prefer the swedish stuff.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:04 AM 02-25-2009
Ive tried the Spice and Frost flavors. The spice was like cinnamon and the Frost was like wintergreen. Out of the 2 the Spice was the best but I probably wont be buyin more
[Reply]
White97Jimmy 10:45 AM 02-25-2009
I got a free sample from Camel about a year ago. It wasn't flavored though. It wasnt bad, but probably not something I would regularly buy. It was weird not spitting though. I used mine while I was at work and no one even noticed.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Professor 11:46 AM 02-25-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Camel snus is the Keystone Light of snus. I'm going through about 12 different kinds of snus I got from getnus.com. I would try their free sample and see the difference. I'm loving this stuff.

MCS
that's the site I was thinking of. :-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:01 AM 02-26-2009
Camel Snus has too much freaking sugar. I tried both the mellow and frost and it was like sucking on candy. It is no wonder why kids love the stuff and get hooked. IMO, Swedish snus is far much better, they do not have all that sugar. But then again, I like the flavor of formaldehyde-ammonia-Cope too.
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:25 PM 07-28-2009
I like the Camel snus frost. It is sweet and I just ordered the sample from getsnus.com for $1 so I'll try some of that to. Of course it doesn't hurt getting the Camel for free from my connection. :-)
[Reply]
Mark 11:43 PM 07-28-2009
I have a number of free tins of camel snus. I used to live in sweden and used the "real" stuff every day, and I can say that Camel snus is about a fourth the strength in vitamin N as swedish match snus (General, Göteborg's Rapé, Röda Lacket, etc). If you are looking for a real snus experience go to a B&M that sells it or try to find one of the swedish match brands. Camel snus is a marketing gimmick with VERY little nicotine, and a LOT of sugar. :-)

If you can't find it anywhere locally let me know and I can send you a can. The shop I work at sells General Portions.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 12:05 AM 07-29-2009
I like it every now and then for a long drive or when I'm studying. (I don't smoke cigarettes) Haven't tried the "real" stuff though.
[Reply]
King James 09:10 AM 07-29-2009
I have had General Snus, but not camel. Kind of indifferent about snus as I used to dip and it didn't do much for me.
[Reply]
Sancho 09:55 AM 07-29-2009
pointless, tastes like a hard candy and has seemingly zero vit. N
[Reply]
Footbag 10:03 AM 07-29-2009
They are releasing new flavors, bigger tins and bigger pouches around military bases I've heard.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 11:50 AM 07-29-2009
Love Snus. Hate Camel snus. There is apparenly new Swedish Camel Snus that is closer to what snus should be.

MCS
[Reply]
TheTraveler 12:06 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
yeah ... I don't like it. someone posted a link up here a little while back for a website where you can get a free can of the REAL stuff ($1 shipping), which I like a lot better. every once in a while, I'll pop one in for a nice little zing and a burst of tobaccoie goodness.
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:

MCS
Thanks guys. I'm giving this a try - just ordered my samples. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 01:56 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
Thanks guys. I'm giving this a try - just ordered my samples. :-)

Just don't get the General Wintergreen. That stuff will make you ill! The regular General is fine.

MCS
[Reply]
The Professor 06:12 AM 07-30-2009
Agreed -- I don't like the wintergreen either. The regular is tasty.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up