Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>joya de nicaragua celebracion churchill
thebiglebowski 06:30 PM 02-21-2009
i'm sure many of you have heard me extol the virtues of this cigar off and on in many different posts here or 'there' often (good cheap smoke, NC that's decent, yard-gars, etc). but here's a quick economical review.

this is a great, straight-forward, no-nonsense smoke. spicy, bold, medium-full bodied, lasts FOREVER and construction is always spot-on. at the price of about three and a half bucks (by the box, online, i recommend atlantic cigars...) it really can't be beat. mind you, this is not anything to be compared to a fuente anejo, or a tatuaje or certainly to anything ISOM, but when i'm out in the yard, having a nice gin 'n tonic, chasing the dogs around that same damn yard after working my ass off in it, it's hard to find a cigar that can stand up to it in the price range.

i wholeheartedly recommend this cigar. while i understand, from a 'yard-gar' perspective, this might be on the high-side from a devil-site, bundle point of view, still. a great cigar that always delivers and if you buy some and are disappointed, PM your address and i'll take 'em off your hands.

cheers!

btw - did anyone catch the white stripes on conan last night? awesome.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 07:01 PM 02-21-2009
Great cigar -- same flavorful blend as the JdN Antano but toned down a notch.

It's no Anejo, but you've got some high-end tastes for a yard gar. :-)
[Reply]
RichardW 07:16 PM 02-21-2009
I just had one of the torpedoes last evening, and I completely agree with you. It's a medium-to-full bodied, complex smoke, which for a little more than $4 per cigar (by the box), is a great deal :-)

Thanks for the review :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 02:48 PM 02-22-2009
yeah, about the yard-gar philosophy - i'm probably not typical when it comes to that characterization. i don't smoke a lot of cigars (about 5 per week) so my justification comes from the fact that i can throw a bit more at quality vs. quantity. and with my typical cigar line-up, i also justify the expenditure because i actually spend less per month on cigars than i used to on cigarettes.

in fact, my yard-gar lineup now consists of just two cigars - this and the chisel.
[Reply]
Tredegar 04:19 PM 02-22-2009
They are a decent line of smokes. I have a fiver of torps coming from the devil site and can't wait till they get here. They will be going in the back of my humidor for a while to let them become a great smoke. Give them a year or two of aging and they get really good.
[Reply]
karmaz00 11:10 PM 02-22-2009
nice cigar. thanks for sharing
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:32 PM 02-25-2009
I haven't had the churchill but the others I have had were very toasty and delicious!!!

These are the only Joya de Nicaragua I can handle!!!

Thanks for the review!!!

[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:49 PM 02-25-2009
thanks for the review:-)
[Reply]
Up