Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Non Cuban cigars Sugestions
Barteur 06:28 PM 02-21-2009
Hi all,

I will be in the Caribeen end of March and would like to bring back good brand cigars. Cannot buy Cubans since I am transfering somewhere in the US. Since Cigars are pretty expansive here in Canada I would like to take the opportunuity to by some good stuff in the caribeen (Going on a cruise:-)).

Let me know
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 06:40 PM 02-21-2009
my two cents - don't sweat it, go buy some CCs and you should be fine.
[Reply]
floydpink 06:41 PM 02-21-2009
Graycliff is always an option in Nassau. Great sticks, but pricey.
[Reply]
RottenZombie 07:09 PM 02-21-2009
Opus ,Opus, and more Opus.X that is
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:35 PM 02-22-2009
Everything in the Caribbeans is expensive. They do have some Barbados cigars with Cuban fillers that are not sold anywhere else. Enjoy your cruise.
[Reply]
Cyanide 01:00 PM 02-22-2009
If you want some suggestions of what NC's to consider, check my earlier posts. I started a short-lived thread that asked roughly the same suggestion. About page 2 or 3 I summarized what had been told to me in a top 10 list (based on frequency that certain brands were mentioned). This list was targetted at the newb just getting into NCs. So, it may be a bit on the mild-mod side, and the brand list (my summary) is a little naive, but it might be a good place to start.

Cheers

Cyanide

PS: I dug up the link: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5024
[Reply]
Footbag 04:25 PM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by Barteur:
Hi all,

I will be in the Caribeen end of March and would like to bring back good brand cigars. Cannot buy Cubans since I am transfering somewhere in the US. Since Cigars are pretty expansive here in Canada I would like to take the opportunuity to by some good stuff in the caribeen (Going on a cruise:-)).

Let me know
Where in the Caribbean will you be? I would pick up cigars that originate from your vacation destination. That way, you will have a bit of a story behind the smokes.

A visit to the factory would be cool too!
[Reply]
knliebe 04:26 PM 02-22-2009
RP decade torpedo, great cigar. PAM 64's and PAM 26's are also phenomenal cigars
[Reply]
Barteur 04:37 PM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
Where in the Caribbean will you be? I would pick up cigars that originate from your vacation destination. That way, you will have a bit of a story behind the smokes.

A visit to the factory would be cool too!
Great sugestion I think I will go for this, instead of known brand...
Here are the islands
Sanjuan, St-Kitts, Barbados, St-Lucia, Antigua, St-Thomas, Dominica:-)
Anybody knows good local brands?
Frenchie
[Reply]
Barteur 07:21 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by Nimbus:
Everything in the Caribbeans is expensive. They do have some Barbados cigars with Cuban fillers that are not sold anywhere else. Enjoy your cruise.
When you say expensive, what% from what you pay in the states?
[Reply]
drhalle 02:51 PM 03-04-2009
If you are sailing out of Florida. Pick up some good sticks to go on the cruise with you. (plenty of great shops here) By the way save your bands on you smokes they could come in handy. Light up what you brought as you tour the islands. People will come up to you and ask if you are looking for cigars. Ask where the local cigar stores are, don't buy from people that have something that looks to good to be true. All the islands you mentioned have cigar stores check online to find them. Best of luck and enjoy your trip. Taking your own smokes ensures that even if you don't find cigars on the islands, you won't pay the god awful price they charge on the boat for cigars.:-)
[Reply]
xikar 02:57 PM 03-04-2009
AGREED on that last post. Plenty of good cigars can be found - just look out for the always present "killer deals" that are too good to be true.

Look for a Graycliff with a purple band - can't remember the name but they are spectacular.

Andy (XIKAR marketing guy)
[Reply]
shilala 02:59 PM 03-04-2009
I think I'd look for off-the-wall stuff that isn't available around here (or Canada).
Shop blends and things like that. You're liable to find a golden nugget and you can bring a box home with you.
That'd be insanely cool, I think. :-)
[Reply]
Up