Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Storage in Humi???
cigar coach 12:22 PM 02-21-2009
I am fairly new to having and storing quite a few cigars. I have 2 humidors and probably around 350 sticks. My question is should I loosen the caps on my tubos and remove the celephane wrappers before putting my puros into one of my humidors? Will this allow the humidifaction and aging to occur more effectively/efficiently or should I leave them alone as I received them? Thanks.
:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 12:24 PM 02-21-2009
Originally Posted by cigar coach:
I am fairly new to having and storing quite a few cigars. I have 2 humidors and probably around 350 sticks. My question is should I loosen the caps on my tubos and remove the celephane wrappers before putting my puros into one of my humidors? Will this allow the humidifaction and aging to occur more effectively/efficiently or should I leave them alone as I received them? Thanks.
This has been debated hundreds of times. You can remove them or not. It's up to you, they will be humidified regardless if they are in/out of tube/cello. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 12:27 PM 02-21-2009
Cello on or off has been debated. Really makes no difference, IMO.
Tubos I usually remove the caps, again just my preference.
[Reply]
cort 12:31 PM 02-21-2009
Just store them how they come. Easy Answer!!:-)
[Reply]
Raralith 12:31 PM 02-21-2009
If you purchased it like that, leave it like that. The only exception is if you are "aging" sticks, than yes I would throw a cello on. As for tubes, I just leave them closed. Nothing is truely air tight so it'll breathe. The only exception to this would be if I just purchased this, and I am smoking the cigar within a few days, than I'll just leave the cap off.
[Reply]
cigar coach 12:42 PM 02-21-2009
Thanks for the advice. That is the anwer I was hoping for...if responses were the other way I really wasn't looking forward to removing all those!
[Reply]
ucla695 04:52 PM 02-21-2009
Originally Posted by gwc4sc:
Just store them how they come. Easy Answer!!:-)
:-) I leave them on.
[Reply]
shilala 05:47 PM 02-21-2009
I've found that every tubo I've ever had that stores a cedar wrapped cigar gets moldy. I take the cedar off of everything.
The longer I look at my cigars, the less I like cello on them. Before too long, there won't be a cello in the house. :-)
It has nothing to do with anything except preference though.
[Reply]
zmancbr 05:54 PM 02-21-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
The longer I look at my cigars, the less I like cello on them. Before too long, there won't be a cello in the house. :-)

I agree 100%...I decided long ago that I like my cigars naked and that's the way they all sleep....I leave tubos alone...but everything else is bye bye cello....if its good enough for the cubans its good enough for me!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
karmaz00 08:52 PM 02-21-2009
iits a personal preference...i leave mine on...because im always shuffing things around...extra protection
[Reply]
Volt 05:36 AM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by karmaz00:
iits a personal preference...i leave mine on...because im always shuffing things around...extra protection

Yea, I play Tetris way to much to take the cello off. I like the look with cello off, but it does save on damage. I suppose I could get a bigger coolador, but I refuse to make the slope slipperier.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:50 AM 02-22-2009
I leave them the way they come for the most part. Most of the NCs I smoke a DPG blends and gifts. Most of the DPGs don't have cello. The gifts all go in one drawer so that is really the only place there is cello. No real reason... that's just how it is.
[Reply]
ks92xj 07:36 AM 02-22-2009
I prefer to peek in on them when they are NAKED:-)
[Reply]
Homebrewer 07:43 AM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've found that every tubo I've ever had that stores a cedar wrapped cigar gets moldy. I take the cedar off of everything.
I agree with the cedar/mold comment.
[Reply]
Up