Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>CC Cabinet Selection Cuba Campana Figurado
nozero 05:39 PM 02-19-2009
CUBAN CRAFTERS Cabinet Selection Cuba Campana Figurado

Decided to try one FOTT and I'm glad to say I'm very happy I did! This cigar was great!

It had a very noticeable barnyard aroma along the beautifully smooth milk chocolaty, almost vein free wrapper and this scent was even stronger at the foot. This, for me has almost always been a very good sign. I'm only about three quarters of an inch into it so far, but I think I'm in love. Right now, I don't think I could say it better than they do. But, while I found it to be very full flavored, I didn't find it to be full bodied, more of a medium/full.

Originally Posted by :
FULL BODIED. Their distinguished stout taste is described as full-bodied and intensely flavorful with well balanced floral flavors and a leather undertone. There are hints of spices and nuts. It ends with whispers of coffee and chocolate.
No burn when passing drawn smoke from my mouth out through my nasal passages, but I did get a significant increase in the intensity of the flavors that way. Flavor and body both seem to increase in strength as I got further into it, but never got harsh. Man I loved this smoke more and more with each draw! All the flavors mentioned in their description drifted in and out and create interesting combinations of flavor and tastes as well. This tasted so good, I wanted to inhale the smoke, but did not. Emphysema sucks.

I had a minor burn issue until the first inch, but I burned it off the problem didn't return. The ash was tight and firm and held easily to an inch/inch and a half and then often had to be bumped to drop.

I smoked this fine specimen while drinking a Pear Woodchuck Draft Cider, but feel it would have been equally as enjoyable with any drink, including water.

Would I buy it again? I'd be more comfortable answering that question after I've had a few more, but think this will be highly likely.

Nubbed!
[Reply]
duckmanco 12:35 AM 02-20-2009
Yeah, these are an awesome smoke, I prefer the robusto, but you really cannot go wrong with any of them.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 05:28 PM 02-20-2009
i think they can make the name a little longer, can't they?
[Reply]
nozero 05:58 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
i think they can make the name a little longer, can't they?
Lots of longer ones out there... :-)

The "Cigar names are somewhat ridiculous" contest.
[Reply]
Up