Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Factory Outlet......Question?
Patron 11:43 AM 02-19-2009
Anyone tried the cigars from CFO?

I was just wondering how they are, it looks like they have some really good prices.

Thanks
[Reply]
hotreds 11:54 AM 02-19-2009
Positive experience here!
[Reply]
alley00p 11:56 AM 02-19-2009
CFO (or Cigar Fox) is in my backyard, and is one of my regular stops.

They do have some of the lowest prices around here for a B&M, but for us in Michigan, they have to zap us with the 34% State cigar tax, which makes it worthless to order anything online.

My understanding is that they do a very big mailorder business (I was told around 1.5 million sticks last year) but I can't tell you much about their customer services regarding mail order.

They do have 2 house blends under the name of "Jenuwine"; My favorite is the Heavenly Honduran's which are a nice medium stick with a spicy taste. I like the corona size, #1. :-)

[Reply]
AD720 11:57 AM 02-19-2009
The number 7's were always really good but some poeple have said they need some rest.

I've got some that have been sitting for about a year now, maybe I'll have one. :-)
[Reply]
AD720 11:58 AM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
CFO (or Cigar Fox) is in my backyard, and is one of my regular stops.

They do have some of the lowest prices around here for a B&M, but for us in Michigan, they have to zap us with the 34% State cigar tax, which makes it worthless to order anything online.

My understanding is that they do a very big mailorder business (I was told around 1.5 million sticks last year) but I can't tell you much about their customer services regarding mail order.

They do have 2 house blends under the name of "Jenuwine"; My favorite is the Heavenly Honduran's which are a nice medium stick with a spicy taste. I like the corona size, #1. :-)

Hmm...

I thought the OP was talking about The Cigar Factory Outlet, which is in NJ.:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:05 PM 02-19-2009
TheCigarFO.com is the source for Blend #7, a great cheap smoke. I have had some of their other blends as well. The Graffiti is a tasty stick somewhat similar to a Tat white. :-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 12:30 PM 02-19-2009
The #7 was hit and miss fresh but once it sat for about 6 months it was pretty good. The Premier 6 is a pretty darned good smoke and you won't find anything better at that price range. The Peruvian ligero is great but it has to sit for at least 8 months. When I ordered I got a free Stinky but that was quite some time ago.
[Reply]
Tripp 01:16 PM 02-19-2009
I ordered a bundle, and a couple samplers from them about a year ago. I was impressed with the cigars, but felt the service was pretty bad. I finally got the cigars after about 5 weeks, and 4 or 5 unreturned phone calls, so I don't think I'd order again
[Reply]
alley00p 01:31 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Hmm...

I thought the OP was talking about The Cigar Factory Outlet, which is in NJ.:-)
Andrew, you may correct... :-)

There's International Cigar Factory Outlet. Detroit Cigar Factory Outlet, Cigar Factory Outlet in Norwalk, CT and in Miami, FL.... (I googled them...)

If he was talking about CFO / Cigarfox.com, that's their "online" location for the CFO located here in Troy, MI. :-)

[Reply]
Patron 01:47 PM 02-19-2009
I didn't realize there were so many similar sites or places. I was actually looking a this website TheCigarFO.com

TheCigarFO.com
[Reply]
nozero 01:59 PM 02-19-2009
I tried a bundle of the BLEND #7 I think they were TOROs. I didn't care for them and ended up giving most of them away. The guy I gave them to, tells me now and then that they get better each time he has one. Different strokes...
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:03 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by nozero:
I tried a bundle of the BLEND #7 I think they were TOROs. I didn't care for them and ended up giving most of them away. The guy I gave them to, tells me now and then that they get better each time he has one. Different strokes...
They definately need to age. Got some in a split about a year ago, and was not all that impressed. Came back to them about a week ago, and they've mellowed. Definately not a high end stick, but decent.
[Reply]
scroggers 05:04 PM 02-19-2009
I absolutely love the grafitti and grafitti liga blends Very full bodied and spicy, and at 2 bucks a stick they are a very nice value!! :-)
[Reply]
fuubar 05:28 PM 02-19-2009
The number 7s are great cigars for the price. They are not my favorite but I enjoy smoking them. They are great if you are not sure if you actually have enough time for a full cigar.

They are also perfect for giving away to inexperienced moocers (I smoke with 4 people who only smoke my cigars).
[Reply]
MithShrike 07:24 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by fuubar:
The number 7s are great cigars for the price. They are not my favorite but I enjoy smoking them. They are great if you are not sure if you actually have enough time for a full cigar.
Yep, I never once felt guilty about tossing a #7.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:36 PM 02-19-2009
Shoot me a PM with your addy. I have some Reserva 7s with about a year of age. I Will send you a couple to try. Pretty decent smoke for the price and like others mentioned, it doesn't kill you to put it down early if the need arises.
[Reply]
Pat1075 07:43 PM 02-19-2009
I really like the #7 robusto especially while running errands and my cigar spends an equal amount of time in my wheel well as it does being smoked. But yeah definitely needs to sit for a few months before they get good.
[Reply]
Patron 08:36 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Shoot me a PM with your addy. I have some Reserva 7s with about a year of age. I Will send you a couple to try. Pretty decent smoke for the price and like others mentioned, it doesn't kill you to put it down early if the need arises.
Now here's a real commitment to the BOTL.....willing to send a brother some cigars where the shipping would be 2-3 time as much as the cost of the cigars.

Your the MAN neo.......thank you for the offer :-)

I think I'm just going to go ahead and place an order for a few different ones to try.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:45 AM 02-20-2009
Does anyone have pics of the cigars they sell?

Are the names "code names" for knockoffs? if so, which?

I am intruiged!
[Reply]
Up