Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>don lino Africa
Legend 07:25 PM 02-18-2009
Ok I know this isn't one of the reviews I promised in the legend rating thread. But I had one tonight and wanted to share. I've had a few of these. Mostly the 6x60. And a robusto tonight.

First thing you'll notice is the georgous oily wrapper. It is stunning. The aboke is medium bodied and sweet. The big guy is very smooth and that robusto has a nice little kick. Both nice and rich through the nose. If you like the grab Habano #5 this is its big brother. Better overall quality and flavor an really nice smoke with a good price tag.

Well constructed. Easy draw. The robusto needed some purging. But a quality smoke all aroung. 3.6 on the legend scale. Not exactly a must try. But a good addition to the camaroon and corojo lovers humi.
[Reply]
Catfish 07:40 PM 02-18-2009
Love the Africas. Had a robusto and the torpedo. both excellent.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 09:49 PM 02-18-2009
Really enjoy the robusto. The wrapper is gorgeous, isn't it?
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:47 AM 02-19-2009
This is a cigar that I actually enjoy quite a bit. I haven't had one for awhile now, but this review makes me wanna go dig into the humi for one! :-)

Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
totallytentative 12:40 AM 02-21-2009
I had a robusto (Duma) the other night. I noticed the wrapper had this overwhelming but pleasant smell of dried fruit and molasses. Not something I've encountered before. Beautiful construction. The first half was very pleasant and I was thinking this was going to be a great smoke, but I ran into burn issues (probably my RH) half way into it and that ruined the rest of the cigar and it ended up tasting bad. I have a few left, so I'll dry box or lower the RH first and definitely try them again. If I can get the rest to smoke as nicely as the first half I may want more of these.
[Reply]
Up