Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cheapo favorite: La Floridita maduro
borndead1 12:48 PM 02-17-2009
Man, I love these. At a buck and change an excellent smoke. Full-flavored but not harsh through the nose, pretty typical maduro flavors of coffee and unsweetened cocoa, with a faint coconut flavor that comes and goes throughout the cigar and even some charred wood flavors. This is one of those cigars that makes me question why I should ever pay more than $2 for a cigar. :-)

I have found that this is one NC that needs rest or they will burn funny. 6-8 months does it for me. The wrappers appear to be..."enhanced" but no poo stains on your fingers. Probably a "cooked" maduro leaf rather than "dyed".

The natural wrap ones are good too, but they got nothin' on the maddies.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:50 PM 02-17-2009
Where can you buy these at?
[Reply]
borndead1 12:51 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s...r.cfm/st/cigbr

:-)
[Reply]
nozero 12:58 PM 02-17-2009
Glad you like them.

I picked mine up on a two-fer deal at Famous and after trying to smoke three of them, sent the rest back for a refund. I could not get any reasonable draw, even after using my draw tools. But, mine were tried FOTT, perhaps a long rest would have changed everything. More often than not, I'm of the opinion that if I can't enjoy a stick FOTT, I 'd just rather not purchase it.
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:32 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
PM me, i have one left, i will send it to you!
[Reply]
bigheadmark 08:49 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by nozero:
Glad you like them.

I picked mine up on a two-fer deal at Famous and after trying to smoke three of them, sent the rest back for a refund. I could not get any reasonable draw, even after using my draw tools. But, mine were tried FOTT, perhaps a long rest would have changed everything. More often than not, I'm of the opinion that if I can't enjoy a stick FOTT, I 'd just rather not purchase it.
did you smoke them right off the truck? sounds like they were too moist...often times when a cigar is harsh or has a difficult draw, it's because it's too moist...try dry boxing them next time :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 09:32 AM 11-16-2009
bundles.

many bundles.

Even Costa Rican. :-)

For you young'ns, y'all will never even hear of those.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:41 AM 11-16-2009
someone read my mind when they bumpe dthis thread. i was just thinkign about these!
[Reply]
dccraft 01:33 PM 11-16-2009
I still have a bundle of these in the humi. These are a very good smoke. Never had a bad one. Got a regular wrapper that I should try one of these days too.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 08:19 AM 11-17-2009
try the la floridita limited...excellent!
[Reply]
Up