Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>LGC Artesanos de Miami and Ernesto leaving..
rizzle 09:47 AM 02-17-2009
First off, has anyone tried the new blend? I love the LGC Serie R and am a fan of some other LGC blends as well. Wondering how it compares to their existing blends.

Then what about Ernesto Perez-Carillo leaving the company, that his father founded and is now owned by General Cigar, to start a new company with his son and daughter. Anyone hearing anything or have any ideas as to what we might expect from Ernesto in the future?
[Reply]
Made in Dade 09:57 AM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
First off, has anyone tried the new blend? I love the LGC Serie R and am a fan of some other LGC blends as well. Wondering how it compares to their existing blends.

Then what about Ernesto Perez-Carillo leaving the company, that his father founded and is now owned by General Cigar, to start a new company with his son and daughter. Anyone hearing anything or have any ideas as to what we might expect from Ernesto in the future?
The new Miami made cigar is the bomb. Ernesto will tell you that the other la Glorias are not his cigars anymore they are General Cigars. Once when he starts making cigars again for himself, he will again be looked at as one of the best cigar blenders in the business.
[Reply]
silentjon 10:04 AM 02-17-2009
I picked up two this past weekend, but I have yet to smoke them. I have heard very good things about this cigar.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:06 AM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Made in Dade:
The new Miami made cigar is the bomb. Ernesto will tell you that the other la Glorias are not his cigars anymore they are General Cigars. Once when he starts making cigars again for himself, he will again be looked at as one of the best cigar blenders in the business.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that cigar be staying with LGC/General?

EDIT: How does it compare to any of his other offerings?
[Reply]
silentjon 10:08 AM 02-17-2009

I believe it will.
[Reply]
Made in Dade 10:37 AM 02-17-2009

That is right.
And I'm sure it won't be the same cigar when that happens.
[Reply]
rrplasencia 10:49 AM 02-17-2009
I think when his son died in August while he was on the CRA event tour it changed the future of the company. It happened the night before the Orlando stop.
[Reply]
Made in Dade 10:54 AM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
I think when his son died in August while he was on the CRA event tour it changed the future of the company. It happened the night before the Orlando stop.
Richard you wouldn't be thinking about Nestor Miranda and his son would you?
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:55 PM 02-17-2009

Please God, let it be true. I miss those LGCs from the early 90's.:-)
[Reply]
rrplasencia 06:55 PM 02-17-2009
Richard you wouldn't be thinking about Nestor Miranda and his son would you?
Meng, you are totally right. nestor/ernesto :-) as soon as i read your post i remembered ernesto playing guitar with that bald midget from cao at the cra event. i will now crawl back into my hole :-)
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 10:27 PM 02-17-2009
I am a huge LGC fan, whether it be CC or NC...unfortunately they are a General Cigar...and General has not made a cigar worthwhile in god knows HOW long....I can't wait until EPC is back doing his thing for himself again....and the Miami piece...awesome...
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:39 PM 02-17-2009
I can't find the Artesanos anywhere... any ideas?
[Reply]
Made in Dade 06:54 AM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by TomHagen:
I can't find the Artesanos anywhere... any ideas?
Hard cigar to find. Only ten rollers roll this cigar in the El Credito factory in Miami. Only like 20 accounts in the country were open to getting this cigar. Maybe my favorite cigar that came out last year. Everytime I'm at the factory I pick some up. Everyone that I know that smoked cigars in the early 90's say La Gloria Cubana Cigars were really special cigars. Then when Ernesto sold the company the cigars went south. Ernesto really wants to get back to doing his own thing again.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:01 AM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I am a huge LGC fan, whether it be CC or NC...unfortunately they are a General Cigar...and General has not made a cigar worthwhile in god knows HOW long....I can't wait until EPC is back doing his thing for himself again....and the Miami piece...awesome...
Never had the CC varieties so I can't comment on those Andrew. But I do love a lot of the NC LGC's. Having not smoked any back in the early 90's I can only imagine how ggod they must have been then. Also makes me wonder what will happen to the Serie R once EPC does leave, which I understand to be happening in mid-March. Hopefully that blend won't go down hill because it is a favorite of mine.
Hard cigar to find. Only ten rollers roll this cigar in the El Credito factory in Miami. Only like 20 accounts in the country were open to getting this cigar. Maybe my favorite cigar that came out last year. Everytime I'm at the factory I pick some up. Everyone that I know that smoked cigars in the early 90's say La Gloria Cubana Cigars were really special cigars. Then when Ernesto sold the company the cigars went south. Ernesto really wants to get back to doing his own thing again.
I've been looking for them and can't find them, which is what prompted this post. As I said above, wasn't smoking cigars in the early 90's and if his cigars were that much better then I can't wait for some of his new creations.

I also almost wonder if it doesn't have to do with money as well. I mean what doesn't? Look at how well Pete Johnson and Dion have done with their "boutique" brands. With the reputation that Ernesto has I'm sure he could introduce a small line that would command premium prices from the get go and easily compete for the premium cigar dollar.
:-)
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:28 AM 02-18-2009

I also almost wonder if it doesn't have to do with money as well. I mean what doesn't? Look at how well Pete Johnson and Dion have done with their "boutique" brands. With the reputation that Ernesto has I'm sure he could introduce a small line that would command premium prices from the get go and easily compete for the premium cigar dollar.
:-)

Agreed. Not only money, but quality of product.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:05 PM 02-20-2009
I have a box of Serie R #6 naturals that as of this post , I will hold even dearer in my collection(approximately 4 years old) . Still one of my all time favorite cigars ! Maybe we'll see the reintroduction of his Serie R Limitada line that were phenomenal to me , too bad I couldn't afford to ever get a whole box when they were available . Probably would have a new name also . I hope and Pray . :-)
[Reply]
Up