Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CAO MX2 Dagger (long post)
Tredegar 03:37 PM 02-16-2009
As I wandered around my local B&M I was looking for something new to try. I usually don't do CAO cigars since they tend to be a bit harsh for me. But I saw these on the shelf and decided to give them a shot.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]

These little cigars are 4 X 36 ring gauge and with a double Maduro wrapper.

Construction is very good. No big veins and a nice, pleasant aroma.

These lit very easily with a match and I instantly could taste the chocolate aroma of the maduro wrapper. Burn was, nice slow and even.

At this point I was getting some hints of Dried Oregon cherries, okay maybe not dried Oregon, but definitely I was reminded of cherries.
[Reply]
Tredegar 03:38 PM 02-16-2009
Burn was even and no hint of harshness. The first third of the cigar was very nice.

The ash was firm and by now I definitely was getting a good woodsy flavor out of it. This was also a very strong cigar; full bodied and flavorful.

My first problem just showed up. I took off the wrapper and found this gaping hole in the wrapper. There was no leaf on the band so I figure it came this way.

Towards the end I was getting a little bit of spice but nothing too strong.

I pretty much ended the smoke with it about 1/2 to 3/4 of inch long. The flavors were very good throughout and, other than the hole in the wrapper, I was very satisfied with it. I will be getting more of these smokes. 9.0 out of 10. Not bad, not bad at all.
[Reply]
GKitty 03:40 PM 02-16-2009
Dried oregon cherries?!? You are soooo in the right madhouse. :-)

Thanks for the review.

Sounds like these might be worth a try.
[Reply]
Up