Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>RP Winter
GTsetGO 08:27 AM 02-15-2009
I picked one up at my local spot and have heard good things about it. can't wait to light mine up.

Also, the Rennaisance is the cigar that "took" the place of the Edge Sumatra, not the Decade. But the blends are still different.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:46 AM 02-15-2009
Decade Review

Originally Posted by :
....The smoke was rich and full-flavored with a shot of spice on the finish. Early on it reminded me of the Olde World Reserve.
They compared it to the OWR....

Hell, everything tastes like everything else with Rocky, I guess??

:-)

I'm not trying to find fault or trash talk, just throwin' my :-) out there....my apologies for stepping on toes!!!
[Reply]
Addiction 08:52 AM 02-15-2009
In my opinion the summer lancero was an exceptional cigar.
[Reply]
groogs 09:20 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Smoke the Sumatra...then smoke the decade....I swear, if there were even a slight difference, my tastebuds missed them completely

I will give it a try, but if it is the same, I say track down the Edge for half the price.:-)
[Reply]
acarr 10:13 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by greenwit:
I'm waiting for Rocky to put out the days of the week. Wonder which day will be most profitable for him?
I think Thanksgiving blend
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:18 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Decade Review

They compared it to the OWR....

Hell, everything tastes like everything else with Rocky, I guess??

:-)

I'm not trying to find fault or trash talk, just throwin' my :-) out there....my apologies for stepping on toes!!!
They are what they are and your opinion is valid. If it quacks like a duck...
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:13 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by greenwit:
I'm waiting for Rocky to put out the days of the week. Wonder which day will be most profitable for him?
Friday :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:49 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
How would you describe the cigar? Full bodied, spicy? I just grabbed one without knowing anything about them.
I don't want to start a firestorm but I found these very AF Anejo like.
Keep in mind,nobody has agreed with me yet :-)
[Reply]
Ender 07:07 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
I picked one up at my local spot and have heard good things about it. can't wait to light mine up.

Also, the Rennaisance is the cigar that "took" the place of the Edge Sumatra, not the Decade. But the blends are still different.
I just spoke to Rocky Patel at an event. (I've been coveting what few Edge Sumatra Torpedoes I can get my hands on because I love em so much) The first thing I asked him was "what happened to the sumatra?" He swears up and down that it's the same blend and everything, it's just that the wrapper is a little lower of a priming. I tried the Renaissance and I find it's very similar in flavor profile but without the pepper blast that I get in the Edge Sumatra torpedo. Then again, I find the same comparison when I've smoked a toro in the ES line too. It's very frustrating to me. I was told by a rep from a different company that the word was RP is using the old ES wrapper for the sun growns. I haven't had one of those in a very long time. I'm starting to get very irritated with these games that seemed to be going on. I wish manufacturers would just be up front with us.
[Reply]
sr_jerry 08:33 AM 03-23-2009
I thought the Winter was a pretty solid cigar.
[Reply]
Tredegar 02:17 PM 03-23-2009
I had a winter over the weekend and while it was a decent cigar, I feel it needs a little bit of time to develop. I preferred it over the Summer blend. I have not tried the Autumn blend so i can't give anything up on that.

Disclaimer: Earlier that evening I had a really crappy, and that was strange, Oliva V Lancero, so it could have swayed my taste buds and not given me an honest tasting. I will definitely try the Winter blend again since it does have some decent potential.
[Reply]
TripleF 02:24 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I don't want to start a firestorm but I found these very AF Anejo like.
Keep in mind,nobody has agreed with me yet :-)

Here! Here! I agree.

That's why I am hoarding as many as I can afford. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 02:50 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by Tredegar:
I had a winter over the weekend and while it was a decent cigar, I feel it needs a little bit of time to develop. I preferred it over the Summer blend. I have not tried the Autumn blend so i can't give anything up on that.
I agree with you on the need for more aging. I bought three about a month ago and smoked one. It was a little "harsh" to my taste and I like medium to full bodied cigars. The other two are sitting by themselves in a small cigar box in my cooler. I figure I will wait awhile before trying one of them.
[Reply]
Ender 08:12 AM 04-02-2009
I just smoked one finally. It was pretty good. Lots of pepper which I liked. I can say that a little time on it though would probably do it some good. I liked it WAY better than the Summer and Autumn.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:30 PM 07-19-2009
I literally stumbled across a box of these today :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:33 PM 01-19-2010
I'm going to revive thsi thread instead of start a new one.

Tried an RP Winter blend. Loved it!

I heard they discontinued it, is that true?
[Reply]
Ratters 08:12 PM 01-19-2010
Yep, I really like the Winter Blend. The '08 was discontinued, but the '09s are still around. Some people say the Patel Bros. is pretty similar, but I prefered the WB. Luckily my local shop still has a box of them. Not sure if you can find any online though.
[Reply]
Vigiles 08:30 PM 01-19-2010
Haven't tried this one yet, I like a few other RP lines (1961, Vintage, etc) ill have to give it a try!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up