Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone try these?
tunes 05:32 PM 02-11-2009
I ran across these at an online dealer "Camacho Pre-Embargo" and seeing how this is probably as close as I'll get to cigars from down south I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:35 PM 02-11-2009
Frankly, there is nothing "pre-embargo" about them. I try to stay away from any cigar that is claimed to have pre-embargo baccy in them. They are usually just ok and not worth the money charged for them.

:-)
[Reply]
tunes 05:38 PM 02-11-2009
I was woundering what "some authentic pre-embargo Cuban tobacco" really meant...
[Reply]
hotreds 05:47 PM 02-11-2009
Save your $$$!
[Reply]
JPH 05:56 PM 02-11-2009
General rule I follow...If there is some kind of attention getter associated with a smoke...

Pre-embargo Cuban
Cuban Seed
Hey, I have glass top box Cohiba's
Big man with a sword on the huge band
Box that has neon lights, smoke machine, and disco ball inside

I stay away
[Reply]
Stonewall 06:04 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by JPH:
General rule I follow...If there is some kind of attention getter associated with a smoke...

Pre-embargo Cuban
Cuban Seed
Hey, I have glass top box Cohiba's
Big man with a sword on the huge band

I stay away
I have to totaly agree take that money you are going to spend on that stick and buy something you know you like.
Josh
[Reply]
groogs 06:15 PM 02-11-2009
I love Camacho's but I have never tried these. I tend to shy away from anything that says pre-embarge. We need to have Ratters weigh in on this as the resident authority on Camacho.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:19 PM 02-11-2009
All that and it's not sittin on 22s? Igot all that and some spinners on my humi!:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:34 PM 02-11-2009

Pre-embargo Cuban
Cuban Seed

I stay away

very much agree in all seriousness.

It's (to me) just a selling point for the gullible people out there...

BTW, JPH, it was nice to meet you at the christmas herf at timba in Columbus, you gave me a Bolivar right at the end of the night, i just smoked it 3 nights ago, thank you very much for your generosity.
[Reply]
Mr. 66 06:39 PM 02-11-2009
That sounds so cool it makes me want to :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 06:46 PM 02-11-2009
I can't weigh in on that particular stick. But the 07 Liberty I had which also comes marked as "pre-embargo" was a fantastic cigar. I have no idea if the claims are true, but I did really like the cigar. I've never really had a crappy Camacho.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:50 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I've never really had a crappy Camacho.
:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:55 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. 66:
That sounds so cool it makes me want to :-)
CAO vision? hehe

[Reply]
groogs 06:59 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I can't weigh in on that particular stick. But the 07 Liberty I had which also comes marked as "pre-embargo" was a fantastic cigar.
I forgot about that smoke. I have to agree the Camacho Liberty 07 was a good smoke.
[Reply]
Drazzil 11:56 AM 04-10-2009
These are on joecigar today, 3 for 30. I bit
[Reply]
Up