Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Goviado Chico from Guillen Cigars
Kreth 08:52 PM 08-01-2009
I got this stick in a bomb from yourchoice (Joel).

Humidor time: I believe Joel got this stick in a GB a few months ago

Prelight: The wrapper is nice and smooth, with minimal veins. Prelight draw is easy, tasting of cedar and spice.

Burn: The burn was straight with that nice "welt" along the burn line. Ash was nice and solid. I think I could have done an ash stand with this cigar if I hadn't been online with my phone and worried about ashing on it. Draw was moderate, and the burn time was about 35 minutes.

Flavor: This cigar started off a bit harsh, but quickly mellowed into a nice cedar flavor with floral hints and a nice spice kick.

Summary: I've been wanting to try one of the Guillen blends for a while now, and this stick was worth the wait. Excellent flavor, perfect burn, what more could you ask for? OK, I need to get me some of these in a bigger vitola... :-)
[Reply]
alley00p 09:10 PM 08-01-2009
Jeff, I had a Goviado Toro that Andy gave me during ELVIS, and it was excellent! :-)

How big was the Chico?

:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:30 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
Jeff, I had a Goviado Toro that Andy gave me during ELVIS, and it was excellent! :-)
Hopefully Andy will make that toro sampler available again.

Originally Posted by :
How big was the Chico?
I had it guesstimated at 4" x 38, but Joel pointed me towards the original thread and it's 4" x 40. It's a cruel vitola, disappears way too fast. :-)
[Reply]
Uflbassin 10:04 PM 08-01-2009
I've had a few of the Guillen blends, pineda natural and maduro, and the Miraflor. Those are some great cigars, the construction was perfect on every one of them and a great taste, good stuff.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:45 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by Uflbassin:
I've had a few of the Guillen blends, pineda natural and maduro, and the Miraflor. Those are some great cigars, the construction was perfect on every one of them and a great taste, good stuff.:-)
Joel included a MiraFlor in the same vitola and it looks just as nicely constructed. I'm looking forward to smoking it.
[Reply]
AndyMadera 11:16 PM 08-01-2009
hey guys, thanks for the review, and thanks joel for sharing your goodies! You are absolutely right for someone used to a bigger cigar it can leave you wishing i was longer! This cigar is perfect for those who are pressed for time or the environment is unbarable. I have a feeling this is going to be a sell out stick in the cold seasons. and for those who want a lunch break smoke. Its a solid 30 min for the average smoker and I also usually get 35 - 40 min out of them. Thanks again and im glad you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:31 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by AndyMadera:
I have a feeling this is going to be a sell out stick in the cold seasons.
That's a good point, Andy. It's tough to enjoy a toro when it's -10. Trust me, I've tried, have the scorched glove to prove it. :-)

Edit: Heh, post #666 (cue Iron Maiden) :-)
[Reply]
alley00p 11:34 PM 08-01-2009
Andy, are the Chico's or something in a RG of 38 to 46 available in any of your other blends? :-)

[Reply]
AndyMadera 02:07 AM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
Andy, are the Chico's or something in a RG of 38 to 46 available in any of your other blends? :-)

4 x 40
Reserva Miraflor Habano and Conny
Goviado Blue and Black

5.5 x 42
Reserva Miraflor Habano
Don Fernando
Casa Pineda
Don Payo
Unnamed

7 x 40
Reserva Miraflor Habano
Goviado Blue and Black
[Reply]
yourchoice 03:27 PM 08-02-2009
Glad you enjoyed it Jeff. Since you were on the lookout for some shorter timeframe sticks, I thought they would be right up your alley.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:53 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Glad you enjoyed it Jeff. Since you were on the lookout for some shorter timeframe sticks, I thought they would be right up your alley.
I'll need to buy some toros. It was just way too good for a quick smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Up