Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Camacho 1962 Pre-Embargo
NCRadioMan 05:47 PM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Interesting. I was unaware that one could get a "provenance" profile from smoking a cigar. I thought provenance would likely be obtained from documentation. I was trying to describe to the best of MY unexperienced ability what I could in an attempt to be helpful.

I'm glad you cleared up your intentions because I simply thought you were being a smart a$$. I'm certainly glad you've cleared this up for me though. I do think it is sad that you would wish ill will upon another with your attorney comment though. perhaps if you feel so strongly about the PE issue you should become proactively involved in it.
Most of the time Mario, I can tell the provenance of a puro. Whether it's Cuban, Honduran or from Nica. Doms and Nica's can fool me though. Provenance is just knowing origin.

As for the the pre-embargo part, I have heard that they did have a little of actual pre-embargo tobacco but have to put very, very little in the cigar. Like a pinch worth. Rather a sprinkle of, what is essentially, tobacco dust in the center of the cigar so they can call it "pre-embargo". I do believe these "pre-embargo" cigars do contain pre-embargo tobacco but you can't actually taste it because it's such a timy amount. Calling them "pre-embargo" cigars is nothing but a sales gimmick not unlike many that are used for all kinds of cigars. It does bother me that a novice will think that this is what a pre-embargo cigar tastes like though.
[Reply]
stearns 05:52 PM 11-21-2009
i agree with what a member on an old board hypothesized about these (sorry, i forget who), that there is most likely some old PE leaves that they have, most likely in a dust form now, that they put a little in each cigar to keep the name alive. the only way tobacco would have survived from the embargo to now would be in a cigar, not the leaves themselves. there is no backing to this claim, just a hypothesis that i subscribe to

stearns
[Reply]
stearns 05:53 PM 11-21-2009
err... his post wasnt up yet when i made mine, but i agree ^^^

stearns
[Reply]
ambientboy 05:36 PM 12-02-2009
I'm interested in this stick as well. Not enough to pay $25 for it though. Either way, these pre-embargo claims seem ridiculous.
[Reply]
heavyd 09:26 PM 12-02-2009
These regularly go for less than $10 per stick on the devil site and the three pack sells for less than $30 on average. Don't pay the $40 CI is selling it for... please.

Actually, this cigar tastes like a Camcho Liberty "Lite" to me. Somewhat similar profile, but less of everything that's good. Spend two or three dollars more and pass these up for the Liberty :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:31 PM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Didn't care for it, and I love most things Camacho.
I listen to Ratters when it comes to anything Camacho!!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up