Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Killing me...
Flounder 09:37 PM 06-23-2011
So, I just poked in at the Sampler section on cigar monster, and man, I only saw $500.00+ I feel compelled to spend. And I say that with sarcasm, because for me, $500 is A LOT of money and it frustrates me that I wanna spend so much on cigars that I want to try. :P

I think I'm going to spend roughly $100 though, I'm getting a big paycheck this week (73 hours worked last week!) so I owe it to myself, plus I got a whole other desktop to fill, glad I got my first one filled to the brim.

Also, a quick question. In my last sampler I got a Liga IV, it was really good and from what I googled, it's exquisite for the price you'll pay for them. However, I didn't have the time to completely finish it in one sitting, so I ashed it, and then cut the burning end off, and put the unsmoked 3" back in the humidor. However the next day or 2 it smelled awful, like you if you had been smoking alll day and then got soaked in the rain, and it would fill my room every time I opened my humidor. What causes that? And is there a way to save a cigar for a few days without it going to crap?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:40 PM 06-23-2011
Dont ever put a half smoked cigar back in the humidor. The burning tars, resin and chemicals from the smoke are trapped in the butt. If you leave a cigar for more than a half hour it will taste like crap.

Short answer is no. You can't smoke half and save it for later.
[Reply]
Flounder 09:42 PM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Dont ever put a half smoked cigar back in the humidor. The burning tars, resin and chemicals from the smoke are trapped in the butt. If you leave a cigar for more than a half hour it will taste like crap.

Thank you!
[Reply]
Ogre 09:55 PM 06-23-2011

You will get a few different answers here. But I agree.:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:57 PM 06-23-2011
If you want to leave it out to try and smoke later, then by all means, go ahead.

Just dont put it back in the humi.
[Reply]
Remo 09:58 PM 06-23-2011
If you want to leave it out to try and smoke later, then by all means, go ahead.

Just dont put it back in the humi.
+1 Cut it off, purge it and leave it outside to smoke it a bit later (not couple days) and not back in the humi or even in the house.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 10:17 PM 06-23-2011
Yep, for the most part unfinished cigars are bad juju.

I'd also like to add that there are ton of good cigars out there, and pretty much everything is going to keep on being made. You don't have to feel like you need to spend a ton right this second. Picking up a few at a time is a good place to start off, because you might find that if you buy a bunch before you really get your taste in smokes figured out you might end up with cigars that you have no interest in smoking later on.
[Reply]
Remo 10:18 PM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
Yep, for the most part unfinished cigars are bad juju.

I'd also like to add that there are ton of good cigars out there, and pretty much everything is going to keep on being made. You don't have to feel like you need to spend a ton right this second. Picking up a few at a time is a good place to start off, because you might find that if you buy a bunch before you really get your taste in smokes figured out you might end up with cigars that you have no interest in smoking later on.
Good advice, keep getting samplers, try a bunch, find out what you really like and go with them.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 10:22 PM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
You don't have to feel like you need to spend a ton right this second.
Amen to these wise words. You're young, you have a long time to smoke, and there will always be good cigars to enjoy. Take your time to enjoy what you have and develop your palate. Most of the guys you see with huge collections have been doing this for a very long time and have acquired their stash step by step.
[Reply]
Flounder 10:23 PM 06-23-2011
Plan on it. I have one sampler now with tons of variety. I definitely get a stiffy for Arturos, so I'm getting the Arturo Sampler, and enjoy Rocky Patels, so I'm getting a Patel Sampler as well.
[Reply]
Flounder 01:32 PM 06-24-2011
So, I went to order those cigars, and Famous smokes, cigar monster, and their other affiliate are all down....
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 01:36 PM 06-24-2011
Famous is moving.

On Friday, June 24, 2011 your favorite online discount cigar store is moving to our beautiful new state-of-art facility at 90 Mort Drive in Easton, PA!

Due to the move, Famous-Smoke.com, CigarAuctioneer.com, and CigarMonster.com will be temporarily off-line. We will also be unable to accept phone orders until our Call Center systems are brought back on-line. We expect this service interruption to be brief, and our websites and phone systems should be functioning normally within a few hours. We will also be suspending our same-day shipping policy during our move. We will resume same-day shipping once our move is complete.

Famous Smoke Shop values your business, and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this brief service interruption may cause.

Sincerely,

Famous Smoke Shop
90 Mort Drive
Eason, PA 18040
[Reply]
Flounder 01:41 PM 06-24-2011
Yeah, I saw. Makes me sad.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:46 PM 06-24-2011
I'm a snob when it comes to revisiting an already smoked cigar. If it's sat more than 15 minutes I am grabbing a new stick. I don't get the time to sit with a stick everyday so when I do smoke I make sure I take advantage of it and make sure I enjoy it. If I am unsure of how long I will get to smoke but feel it may be cut short I will usually grab a shorter or cheap smoke so if it does need to die an early death than it doesn't make me feel guilty wasting one of my prized smokes. For me if I revisit a cigar that has sat a while it just tastes like an ashtray and is just an unpleasant experience. But like others said never put it back in the humidor. You are sure to taint your box and the sticks in it.
As far as being compelled to spend a lot of money on new sticks, Welcome to the Club. I know what I have invested money wise in smokes here at the house and it's kind of ridiculous but I assure you I am still ordering more although I could easily stop buying today and have enough to last me the next two or three years easy at the rate I smoke. For example, last Friday I ordered a bundle of JDN My Uzi Weighs a Ton and Wednesday scored a box of Cuba Libre Ones on C-Bid and contemplating ordering a 5 pack of 13s. It's a sickness and you my friend have it.:-)
[Reply]
Flounder 01:55 PM 06-24-2011
The Fuente sampler I really wanted is only available on FS, that' the most frustrating part.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 01:57 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
The Fuente sampler I really wanted is only available on FS, that' the most frustrating part.
Brother, patience. They aren't down forever.
[Reply]
Flounder 02:00 PM 06-24-2011
I know. haha. I was just so excited to get paid today to order, and their timing couldn't have been any worse.
[Reply]
Up