Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Snow skiers
kgoings 10:15 PM 10-26-2008
Anyone on here love skiing? I was just sitting outside smoking and dreaming, and being its getting close I got the bug..

I was wondering if any BOTL's would want to get together and rent a house and go skiing? Colorado? Utah? Mammoth Mountain? I was thinking western US ski areas (cause I am a cheapie and would probably drive) even NM, angelfire I hear is nice, and Taos is the bomb!

It would be fun, just throwing it out there...
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 10:19 PM 10-26-2008
I love sking, got some fresh 185s I can't wait to try out now!

I do most of my sking in pa being a broke college student lol.
[Reply]
White97Jimmy 10:25 PM 10-26-2008
One of the reasons I got the boot from college is because I spent too much time on the slopes. When I was at Mich Tech a season pass was only like $135 for students. Mt. Bohemia opened up my second year at school: http://www.mtbohemia.com/mountain.html That was one hell of a ride.

Earlier this year, ZYA_LTR and I went out to Bozeman, MT and I skiied Bridger Bowl. That was definitely a lot more work than anything in Mich.

Not sure how much time I would have to fly out this upcoming year, but it sounds like a fun time.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 10:35 PM 10-26-2008
Used to ski alomst every weekend. As the years went by less and less. Last couple of years just one weekly trip to Steamboat.

Gonna be there at the end of January.
[Reply]
Seanohue 10:37 PM 10-26-2008
I've been wanting to do group skiing thing with the herfing groups but never could get one together.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 10:39 PM 10-26-2008
Snow skiier checking in! I've been on the slopes every year since I was 3. Three bones broken in two separate injuries, a week in the ICU, a few Nastar medals - I think I'll keep it up!
[Reply]
SSatVT 12:59 PM 10-27-2008
Been skiing since I was 14. The biggest trip I have been on was a week in Colorado, at Keystone and Copper Mountain, and would love to go back (but school seems to get in the way of that).
[Reply]
tsolomon 01:40 PM 10-27-2008
Learned to ski in my 30s and use to get about 30 days on the slope every year, mostly PA and then a trip to Vermont. We only get out once or twice a year these days, but miss it badly. Hopefully I'll get some runs in this year, but that depends on having a good winter.
[Reply]
Shaerza 01:58 PM 10-27-2008
I would be interested in a east-ish trip if one of those happened rather then west, as I cant pull that off financially:-)

I cant wait to get back out this year. The past 3 years I was far to out of shape to hit any slopes
[Reply]
spincycle 02:59 PM 10-27-2008
Woohoo! Skiers. :-)

I've been skiing since I was 3 years old. It's the one sport I truly love. I go out to BC and Alberta on a regular basis. I'm hoping to do some back country skiing at Sunshine in Banff this year. I did some in Panorama a few years ago and that was pure bliss. We got 2 feet of snow in the week that we were there!

spin
[Reply]
Up