Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Harrisburg PA help
Vigiles 09:45 AM 01-06-2011
Greetings,

I will be heading up to Harrisburg PA this Saturday (Jan 8th) for my birthday. I will probably be going up early before my friends get up there to smoke a few cigars and check things out.

My question is, after Rae's and the tinderbox close (at 5 and 6pm, according to their websites) where can i go to burn a stick or 2? preferably indoors. My friends possibly wont be getting to harrisburg until 8 or 9 pm because of a few work obligations.

Also, we are staying on second st, so that is why i chose Rae's and tinderbox as my options. If their are better options please let me know! Also if anyone wants to meet up for a smoke I am definitely game.

Thank you!
[Reply]
OnlyDryReds 12:30 PM 01-06-2011
Id help you out but Im an hour north of Harrisburg, and really dont know of any other places down there to send you. Hope you have a good time anyway! :-)
[Reply]
Vigiles 07:41 PM 01-06-2011
Thanks brother, I've been to second street once and it was a blast.

Anyone know off hand what the smoking laws in pa are?
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 12:00 PM 01-12-2011
Good luck with that. I live here in Hburg and travel an hour and a half north to enjoy cigars and comeraderie. There is NOTHING here. Rae's is as good as it gets. All 3 available seats.
[Reply]
Domer 10:46 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
Good luck with that. I live here in Hburg and travel an hour and a half north to enjoy cigars and comeraderie. There is NOTHING here. Rae's is as good as it gets. All 3 available seats.
Hey sorry I didn't see this earlier OP, but if you are in the area again and have a car I recommend checking out The Tobacco Company in Lemoyne which is maybe 10 mins away.

sjnovakovich, have you been there?

It has a huge walk-in that I remember being well stocked and reasonably priced. They also had an awesome lounge with a pool table and poker tables and lots of places to sit. I used to go here when I was in college, but haven't been there in awhile. I will try to make it back there next time I am in Harrisburg.
[Reply]
loki 10:48 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by Vigiles:
Thanks brother, I've been to second street once and it was a blast.

Anyone know off hand what the smoking laws in pa are?
can't smoke inside at anyplace that serves food...i think. i forget how the law is written
[Reply]
Domer 10:57 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
can't smoke inside at anyplace that serves food...i think. i forget how the law is written
Actually I think if less than 20 percent of their business is from food sales it is up to the owner's discretion to allow smoking in PA. Except in Philly, where you can't smoke in any bar or restaurant as far as I am aware. Mahogany on Walnut being the exception (nice cigar bar located above Holt's).
[Reply]
swh127 06:17 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Domer:
Actually I think if less than 20 percent of their business is from food sales it is up to the owner's discretion to allow smoking in PA. Except in Philly, where you can't smoke in any bar or restaurant as far as I am aware. Mahogany on Walnut being the exception (nice cigar bar located above Holt's).
That is correct, however, a owner (not in Philly) can allow smoking if they have a separate area that is closed off to the other with a separate ventilation system. See this link for more information.
[Reply]
Vigiles 10:18 AM 01-14-2011
Well, I ended up going to the tinderbox at around 1:30 that day. I was the only one in there the entire time. I did however, smoke 2 delicious cigars, a churchill Oliva V, and a Alec Bradley Tempus.

I couldn't find Rae's for some reason....maybe my google maps was messed up, but I walked around the police building there for a good 10 to 15min. It was freezing so I went to the tinderbox.

That evening my friends and I had an absolute blast on second st!
[Reply]
Up