Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xikar Rectangular Hygrometer
zman 06:07 PM 08-05-2011
I am new here.

Hopefully someone can give me a more detailed description of calibrating an Xikar Hygrometer. I am in the process of calibrating the hygrometer according to Xikar's instructions. I mixed the salt and DOUBLE BAGGED the hygrometer in two heavy duty zip lock bags. Is this sufficient? Does the ambient temperature have anything to do with the results? The instructions say 4 hours is enough, should I wait longer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zman
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:10 PM 08-05-2011
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=619

Welcome!
[Reply]
zman 06:46 PM 08-05-2011
Thanks NC.

The one I have has a calibration button. Hopefully someone has one of these and can help me out with their experience with it.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:04 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by zman:
Thanks NC.

The one I have has a calibration button. Hopefully someone has one of these and can help me out with their experience with it.
Usually 1 Click Of The Button = 1% RH Adjustment. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:09 PM 08-05-2011
I really need to get my eyes checked.

As I was quickly scanning down the list of new threads, for a moment I thought Xikar had come out with a rectal thermometer.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:24 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
As I was quickly scanning down the list of new threads, for a moment I thought Xikar had come out with a rectal thermometer.
I like to keep mine at 70*. :-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:44 PM 08-05-2011
if you dont have the instructions for the hygro, click below and theres a link to a .pdf just follow the instructions, easy as pie

https://xikar.com/product_digital_hygrometers.asp
[Reply]
zman 07:30 PM 08-06-2011
Well after 29 hours it finally calibrated 75%. I am glad I did not follow the Xikar directions which instructs only 4 hours. I used a soda bottle cap full of salt and doubled up the zip-lock bags.

Z-Man
:-)
[Reply]
Drez 07:38 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by zman:
Well after 29 hours it finally calibrated 75%. I am glad I did not follow the Xikar directions which instructs only 4 hours. I used a soda bottle cap full of salt and doubled up the zip-lock bags.

Z-Man
:-)
i have one of these and that's how i do it. i let mine sit for a day (24hr) and im golden.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Up