Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Quesada Espana robusto
Don Fernando 11:50 AM 07-28-2011
The Quesada Espana is the replacement for the Quesada Tributo on the Dutch market. It has just been released and even though my general thoughts on the Tributo line were mediocre, I really wanted to try these cigars. First Quesada Espana I got my hands on is a 5x52 robusto.

The wrapper feels a bit greasy and is chocolate brown. I see a few thin veins and I smell dark chocolate. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste dry tobacco.

I taste a bitter coffee and earthy flavour, quite spicy with pepper in the aftertaste. I also taste a chocolate like sweetness. After a quarter of an inch I taste more sweetness and the bitterness shifts to the aftertaste. After half an inch I taste chocolate with wood in the aftertaste, the bitterness disappeared completely. Sometime later the cigar gets herbal with some chocolate, a hint of wood and pepper.

After a third I taste herbs, quite spicy, with a chocolate like sweetness. I also taste some hay. Passed the middle point I taste herbs with a splash of cinnamon and a mild sweetness. After two thirds I taste the same flavours with some added hay. The flavours are quite spicy.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty-five minutes. The draw is great and the smoke is good but good be thicker. The silver-grey ash is mild frayed but firm. The burn is pretty. This cigar is full flavoured and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I’m not sure, I liked the cigar, the price is right but it didn’t really impress me

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Brooks W 12:45 PM 07-28-2011
Nice review!

Have you tried the corona?

~brooks
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:59 PM 07-28-2011
no
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 01:25 PM 07-28-2011
Nice review ... thx for posting.
I've smoked both the corona and short robusto and liked them both, a lot ... although the edge goes to the corona.
[Reply]
Up