Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Gurkha Connecticut Reserve Robusto #4
Starscream 06:16 PM 11-23-2008
Not much of a review, more like some random thoughts on this cigar.

Got this stick from a sampler w/ free humidor at CI: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...p?item=SP-CA06 . This was my first Gurkha. Sorry no pics, guys. Not much into Connecticut wrappers anymore, but I lit it up anyways, just to check out the Gurkha label. I found it to be quite well constructed, the ash held for about 1 1/2 inches before falling off. Very mild and average stick. I definitely would not buy another one at MSRP, as I do not prefer mild cigars anymore. I wouldn't completely write off Gurkhas from this one stick, but the next one I buy will definitely be a full flavored one. I paired this stick w/ a cup of Afternoon English tea.

Overall this stick was quite well made, but very lacking on flavor.
[Reply]
Volt 06:26 PM 11-23-2008
If your wanting to try a more "leaded" version... The Beast, Titan, G3, and G5 come to mind.

The whiners will be here shortly, but the B&M prices are a bit much on the Gurks, cbid is our friend :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:45 AM 11-24-2008
Weird, this is one of the few Gurkhas I liked. I smoked through a fiver of them and thought they were quite alright.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:28 PM 07-15-2011
I too received this cigar through a combo pack, It has been resting for about a month now. Maybe Ill try it this weekend and leave some feedback.

I realize this is an old thread, couldn't find anything else about this specific cigar.
Maybe it was only a combo release?
[Reply]
Up