Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Slow down; don’t do what I did :(
ChasDen 09:34 PM 12-04-2009
I can be kind of windy so I will try to keep this short.

Last weekend was the holiday weekend and instead of taking time to relax and take a breath I looked at it as an extra chance to get caught up. Thursday we had a nice day of family and food and Friday morning I was one of those fools up at 5:30 to do some shopping. Only spent an hour out but once I got home decided to hit it hard for 3 straight days. It was after midnight before I called it quits for the day and was back at it Sat morning by 8am. A full day building; again pushed it well past midnight. I was feeling a little sluggish Sunday morning but kept on going. I cut the tip of my finger pretty good, nothing serious but the nerves were exposed and it was hurting pretty bad. No worries, I just took some pain killers and wrapped it up. Another late night and now I starting to feel like a hung over sailor after a weekend pass. When I woke up Monday I thought about calling off work but it’s the holidays and I told myself we need the money, so off to work I went. By the end of the day I was a mess and spent more of the next 4 days sleeping than being awake. Pushing myself so hard, cutting my finger and not sleeping lowered my defenses to the point I got the flu and let me tell you that is no fun. I would not wish what I had to even my worst enemy.

Don’t be stupid like me during the flu season and take care of yourself. The time I thought I would save pushing so hard, I just lost not to mention it could have been much worse.

Chas
[Reply]
pnoon 09:35 PM 12-04-2009
Hope you're feeling better soon, Chuck.

Your advice to the rest of us is spot on.
[Reply]
Riff Raff 09:37 PM 12-04-2009
Chuck, I hope you start feeling better! Wise words for us to heed!
[Reply]
Starscream 09:39 PM 12-04-2009
Get well soon, brother.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:44 PM 12-04-2009
Get well soon Chas.
[Reply]
ChasDen 09:50 PM 12-04-2009
Today is good :-)

I knew better, I know better and the real crappy part is I'm not getting any younger :-).

The hardest part is accepting that the body will not do what it did 20 years ago :-)

Chas
[Reply]
pnoon 09:51 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
The hardest part is accepting that the body will not do what it did 20 years ago :-)

Chas
Boy. Ain't that the truth?
[Reply]
JaKaacH 09:54 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Today is good :-)

I knew better, I know better and the real crappy part is I'm not getting any younger :-).

Chas
My dad once said: "If you think pushing 50 is bad, try pulling it a few years."
Take care of yourself Chuck..
[Reply]
ChasDen 10:07 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
My dad once said: "If you think pushing 50 is bad, try pulling it a few years."
Take care of yourself Chuck..
:-)

The good news, since I ate almost nothing for 4 days I have almost 10 lbs less to push around...

for a day or 2, the wife is cooking a big meal Sunday and I sure am hungry :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:21 AM 12-05-2009
Get well soon!!!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:41 AM 12-05-2009
Glad To Hear You're Feeling Better, Chas! My Motto Since I've Gotten Older, "Everything In Moderation"!:-)
[Reply]
Up