Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>August Rush
Footbag 09:09 AM 02-05-2009
This is a great movie and it's playing on one of the Cinemax channels. Don't miss the opportunity to see it. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. All I can tell you is it's about music.
[Reply]
ucla695 10:32 AM 02-05-2009
Great flick! And yes, it’s kinda hard to describe it without spoiling it.
[Reply]
GoatLocker 11:05 AM 02-05-2009
I thought it was pretty good for what it was, but a little touchy feely for me. :-) Robin Williams has really been playing some bizarre roles the last few years.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 11:09 AM 02-05-2009
Okay...this one is tough for me. I want to like it, I do. But I don't. I think the movie was 'okay' and a bit forced in its message. But then, I'm one of those who HATED, I repeat, HATED 'Cider House Rules' for doing the same. I liked the 'idea' of "August Rush" (and I love Robin Williams and Keri Russell) but think they could have done a much better job with it. By the way, the music, I believe, does ROCK. That Kaki King is freakin' awesome. You know, it's a chick who plays those awesome slap guitar solos...

And Robin Williams' character was a bit reminiscent of his incredible portrayal in "The Fisher King" for some reason and he was just so much better there.

Just my two cents though. And I also hated "Rachel Getting Married". :-):-)

If you like Keri Russell (who wouldn't), that "Waitress" flick is actually pretty decent. And the director (Adrienne Shelly, whose career I've actually followed) was very unfortunately murdered before the film was released. Very tragic; she had oodles of talent.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 11:26 AM 02-05-2009
I thought it was so so, and I'm even a music teacher.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
karmaz00 02:16 PM 02-05-2009
yeah i enjoyed it...pretty good movie
[Reply]
fxpose 04:52 PM 02-06-2009
It was a great chick flick. From that standpoint, I liked it, and I cried a lot.
[Reply]
AdamC 02:55 PM 02-08-2009
I rented it when it first came out. It is a really good movie.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:52 PM 02-10-2009
interesting story... not so much a fan of the movie, but watching it got me laid.
[Reply]
AdamC 08:44 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
interesting story... not so much a fan of the movie, but watching it got me laid.
what ever works! :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:14 AM 02-11-2009
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
fxpose 10:59 AM 02-11-2009
I enjoyed the movie and I believe you got laid. This is a great first date movie.
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:56 AM 03-29-2009
This was not a good movie. This was a GREAT MOVIE! It caught me very off gaurd. I will admit that it brought tears to my eyes at points. I will most def go buy this on DVD and would recommend everyone give it a watch.
[Reply]
Footbag 07:59 AM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
This was not a good movie. This was a GREAT MOVIE! It caught me very off gaurd. I will admit that it brought tears to my eyes at points. I will most def go buy this on DVD and would recommend everyone give it a watch.
Yup... It must've hit you as hard as it hit me.:-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 08:08 AM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
Yup... It must've hit you as hard as it hit me.:-)
Oh man....it was truly moving :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:11 PM 05-24-2009
Best movie ever...caught it by accident on cinemax..needles to say, I own this bad boy now!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!
[Reply]
Up