Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Thief...
AlohaStyle 05:19 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
You have a name and address and evidence of the transaction. Sounds like you may need to proceed to Small Claims court. :-)
If they live far apart, that would not make financial sense since you have to file a claim in their home area. That means flying there and going to court if you want to proceed. Even if you win a small claims decision, there's no way for the court to enforce the payment.

I think the best course of action is to find her phone number and place a call. If that doesn't work send the certified letter and contact local authorities.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:11 PM 11-13-2009
It's important to note that debit cards are not the same as a Credit Card as far as protection for you when you buy goods and services. I learned the hard way with a debit card purchase and the person I bought goods from did not warranty the item that broke. I tried contacting my bank and they said since it was a debit card they could not guarantee the funds. I now use a CC for every purchase ( Capital One ) and have had to dispute a couple of purchases and they put my funds back within 24 hours. I never worry about a purchase anymore.
[Reply]
zitro_joe 08:09 AM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
It's important to note that debit cards are not the same as a Credit Card as far as protection for you when you buy goods and services. I learned the hard way with a debit card purchase and the person I bought goods from did not warranty the item that broke. I tried contacting my bank and they said since it was a debit card they could not guarantee the funds. I now use a CC for every purchase ( Capital One ) and have had to dispute a couple of purchases and they put my funds back within 24 hours. I never worry about a purchase anymore.
This is foing to be my next route. Just seems the ability to dispute is apealing. Never had a credit card, now to figure out which one would be the best.

Okay...

I have decided to contact her local authorities and send a certified letter. When I call the law, what type of verbage do I use? What do I say? Do I file a report?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe
[Reply]
icehog3 08:58 AM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by zitro_joe:

I have decided to contact her local authorities and send a certified letter. When I call the law, what type of verbage do I use? What do I say? Do I file a report?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe
The law enforcement people will walk you through it (they do it every day).

I would not send any letter before talking it over with the authorities, you might compromise any potential police action by doing so. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up