Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ave Maria toro
borndead1 07:37 PM 05-11-2024
6 x 48. Nice size. These are another AJ Fernandez cigar that can always be found on C-Bid for 50-60% of retail (retail is $6-$7/stick). When I was stockpiling these, I would set my max bid at $4/stick and win almost every time.

This cigar, like the La Herencia Cubana also made by AJ, to me is a really fantastic value. Consistent blend, consistent construction. Flavor-wise, not a mind-blower. Fairly one-dimensional, honestly. A bit of sweetness on the draw, tobacco and baking spice through the nose. Pretty stereotypical Nicaraguan cigar. Just a touch under full 'strength'.

The Ave Maria isn't an experience. It's a cigar.
[Reply]
borndead1 07:57 PM Yesterday
Smoking another one of these. I enjoy them quite a bit as a drankin'/doing homework/sitting outside the hotel cigar.

One funny thing about these is the room note/aroma coming from the foot. It's straight up CIGAR. Like when you walk into the local cigar lounge. That exact smell. To the point that it's kind of amusing. The Ave Maria is a cigar that would be offensive to many wives/girlfriends/snooty bar patrons.

But other than that, this is a nice smoke. Decent burn with only a couple of minor corrections. Dominant flavors are the same as my last review.

At C-Bid prices, and with some humi time, the Ave Maria is a solid smoke.

Not a mind-blower. A stogie.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 04:11 AM Today
Give the Divinia version of the Ava Maria line a try. It’s a favorite of mine.
[Reply]
Up