Size: 5 x 54
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper Color: Maduro
Wrapper Origin: Connecticut
Wrapper Leaf Type: Broadleaf

Resting time, 3 months

Prelight: sweet leather, hay and fruit

1st 1/3
Bitter light pepper mixed with sweet earthy leather, slight hard draw to start, considering the torpedo tip.

Minutes later, cocoa and coffee note come out that quickly become smoother, the bitter light pepper left behind and also some pleasant hints of cinnamon.

I'm finding it more of a strong medium then a full strength cigar so far.

2nd 1/3
Burn line could be better but tolerable, now some toast and nuts with smoked hickory and sweet notes of black cherry and raisins.

This is turning out to be a very flavorful stick and worthy of a full box it came from.
Medium gray ash finally falls off late in the 2nd 1/3

Last 1/3
The burn line self corrected and putting out lots of smoke with a great draw

The hint of cinnamon, toast, nuts, smoked hickory, black cherry, raisins and sweet earthy leather are still there but the main notes of chocolate coffee dominates and quite pleasant and turning out to be a complex smoke that I love.

Flavors hold on the the nub without getting hot, if you enjoy a flavor bomb cigar, this will be a pleasant treat for you.

Smoke time: 1hr 10 min
Score 9.5 out of 10
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 08:19 PM 12-21-2013
Great review Daniel, I gotta try one of these...thanks for sharing
[Reply]
RobR1205 09:37 PM 12-21-2013
I agree with this review wholeheartedly! One of my favorite cigars. The devil site has them for a jaw dropping 4-6 dollars a piece sometimes. I buy them in bulk when they are available. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Up