Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>He was a friend of mine....
shark 11:41 AM 11-22-2013
He was a friend of mine, he was a friend of mine
His killing had no purpose, no reason or rhyme
He was a friend of mine

He was in Dallas town, he was in Dallas town
From a sixth floor window a gunner shot him down
He was in Dallas town

He never knew my name, he never knew my name
Though I never met him I knew him just the same
Oh he was a friend of mine

Leader of a nation for such a precious time
He was a friend of mine.

50 years have gone by, but he will always be remembered.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:23 PM 11-22-2013
He stood up to the Russians.
He moved civil rights forward.
He was a hero, towing a man from a wrecked PT boat (while injured) by holding the life jacket strap in his teeth to a small island, then again doing the same thing towing the wounded sailor to another island where his remaining crew was later rescued.
He nailed Marylin Monroe.
He set us on the path and gave us the drive to reach the moon in an incredibly short span of time, we went from the Wright brothers first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight, on December 17, 1903 to a man setting foot on the moon on July 20, 1969. From a powered glider flying a few dozen feet to a human being stepping out on the moon in under 70 years, that's ****ing amazing.

He gave some of the most powerful and poignant speeches, one of my favorite lines that resonates with everyone and always will ..

"In the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." John F. Kennedy, June 10, 1963
[Reply]
icehog3 02:31 PM 11-22-2013
I was too young in 1963 to remember him as President, but grew to admire many things he stood up for and accomplished. R.I.P., President Kennedy.
[Reply]
shark 02:37 PM 11-22-2013
[Reply]
shark 02:38 PM 11-22-2013
[Reply]
Up