Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Missed em again
bishjd123 12:02 PM 10-15-2010
Saw that NHC was selling the Skull and Bones beginning at noon today. Got to the the site at 12:30 figuring that the limitations would allow me to get in on a 5 pack. No dice. It seems that I'm never going to get to try one of these sticks and I've loved all of the Viajes that I've tried. If anyone got in on these, I'd be willing to work a deal.
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:43 PM 10-15-2010
Try the WTB/WTT section mate. I am sure there will be someone in there eventually.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 03:51 PM 10-15-2010
I was going to try to get a 5er and had a conference call go to 1:15. Oh well. I got lots of cigars.

MCS
[Reply]
chubby 04:27 PM 10-15-2010
I got lucky and scored two fivers. They were only offered as fivers, but I got a co-worker to purchase the second one for me. Some people had the items removed from their cart as they were attempting the checkout process.
[Reply]
neoflex 04:40 PM 10-15-2010
My local that I just started working at PT for the fun of it just called and said they came in today but he will only allow me one and I can't use my discount for them which is no biggie but being limited to one when everyone else it's two is ridiculous. They are charging $15 a stick so it looks like I need to find another source since I am limited to one as he said the members get priority especially since they only got two boxes. So at least I will get to try one provided he doesn't sell them all on me since I won't be able to swing by until Monday.
[Reply]
TXRebel 05:55 PM 10-15-2010
:-) Life is too short to worry about limited edition cigars. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to try these as well, but there are plenty of other cigars out there, which are just as good for the same price or less. I wish these manufactures would spend more time blending and producing a good production cigar than a limited edition, over hyped, once in a life time cigar. As you can tell I did not get any and I will be spending my money on another brand of cigar. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:10 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
:-) Life is too short to worry about limited edition cigars. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to try these as well, but there are plenty of other cigars out there, which are just as good for the same price or less. I wish these manufactures would spend more time blending and producing a good production cigar than a limited edition, over hyped, once in a life time cigar. As you can tell I did not get any and I will be spending my money on another brand of cigar. :-)
I agree. I also don't want to smoke a cigar, love it, and know I can't have any more!

MCS
[Reply]
Bill86 06:16 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I agree. I also don't want to smoke a cigar, love it, and know I can't have any more!

MCS
This.

That's why I don't do more than make calls and go to the shops ONCE. Anymore than that and it isn't worth it. Also I make it a point to get 1-2 of the limited cigars and no more. I definitely don't want to fall in love with a cigar I can't have regularly.
[Reply]
TXRebel 06:18 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:

MCS
That’s why you have to get on a list for a box, then only smoke 1 a year and you’ll be good for 20 years, or 5 if you only got a 5er. :-)
[Reply]
cigarlvr 06:57 PM 10-15-2010
Anyone smoke one yet and are they like the 1st batch
[Reply]
forgop 07:10 PM 10-15-2010
I refuse to play this game of buying cigars so limited they're taken out of your cart during check out or get a 1 cigar per person. I'll be darned if I let something that's supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable be something that just pisses me off.
[Reply]
TXRebel 07:39 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
I refuse to play this game of buying cigars so limited they're taken out of your cart during check out or get a 1 cigar per person. I'll be darned if I let something that's supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable be something that just pisses me off.
:-)

If the consumers would stop falling for the maufacturer's marketing hype, maybe this would stop, but this happens in every industry.
[Reply]
quantim0 08:18 PM 10-15-2010
I had a 5 pack in my cart and it vanished. Got some singles in the cart, vanished. They had to be gone in under 5 min.
[Reply]
danreeve 08:38 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by quantim0:
I had a 5 pack in my cart and it vanished. Got some singles in the cart, vanished. They had to be gone in under 5 min.
they were gone in less than 2 mins.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:26 AM 10-16-2010
That's pretty lame that they would allow items in your cart to be removed. If they had that low a stock the best thing would have been to make them phone order only. That would irritate me to go through checkout and have them disappear on me. Would probably be the last time I did business wit the vendor as that is just ridiculous. Who knows maybe its a flaw in their checkout system. Would still piss me off.
[Reply]
bishjd123 07:02 AM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Try the WTB/WTT section mate. I am sure there will be someone in there eventually.
I don't have access to that area yet because I haven't met the criteria for access. I'm not sure what it is, but I've been on here a while. I don't really post much unless I have something to add in the discussion. Anyway, I've pretty much chalked it up that the original or these new S&Bs won't be in my future. It just sucks that a manufacture would make a good cigar and only makes what seem like 5 for the entire planet.
[Reply]
Up