Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Can This Be Saved?
Chingas 05:58 PM 07-23-2010

Now I'm gonna smoke it anyway but is there anything that can be done to help this poor little bastard out?

On a side note, anyone understand or can give insight on why this happened.

Side note three: did I get the shaft on this stick, real or fake or too hard to tell from my crappy angle!

Thanks guys. What a great family.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:09 PM 07-23-2010
Slap some pectin on it and let it sit for a few days. :-)
[Reply]
Brad 06:24 PM 07-23-2010
x2 on the pectin.

I had a Monte #2 with far worse wrapper damage than that, and it fixed it up so it was smokeable.
[Reply]
Chingas 06:39 PM 07-23-2010
Pectin eh? Let me look that up.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:48 PM 07-23-2010
Liquid pectin can be purchased at the grocery store. Sometimes its near the jams and jellies or where they have canning supplies(jars, etc). It always seems to be on the very top shelf. It comes in packets which can be sealed in a jar or something and stored in the fridge for several months. It is similar to the glue that rollers use. Just apply a very small amount on the damaged wrapper with your finger and let it dry for a few hours. :-)
[Reply]
RightAJ 06:49 PM 07-23-2010
Just give it a try! If it doesn't work out, pitch it and grab something else. No use smoking something unejoyable- pleasure is what cigars are about!

aj
[Reply]
Chingas 06:54 PM 07-23-2010
Thank you all for the advice. Much appreciated.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:08 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Pectin eh? Let me look that up.
Dave (68trishield) is selling some!
[Reply]
neoflex 09:42 AM 07-24-2010
Like others said, Pectin will fix that thing up. I was gifted a short run stick which is no longer available a while ago from a friend and when it showed up it looked like it was part of the two first World Wars and every war after that and made the stick in your photo look perfect. I went to the grocery store and picked up some pectin, did my best to make it look like Frankenstein and I sh*t you not the thing smoked great the next day given the state it was in. That was my first time experimenting with Pectin and after that I am a firm believer in it. I really should have taken a pic of that stick as it was an absolute train wreck.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:14 AM 07-24-2010
Hell, just hollow out a Phillie blunt and stick that sucker inside! :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 03:42 PM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hell, just hollow out a Phillie blunt and stick that sucker inside! :-)
Damn! For a poet I just threw up all over myself by reading that.
[Reply]
Up