Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Recommendations
Chinogobraap 02:56 PM 07-17-2010
Like most people I'm a creature of habit and I never really noticed it but for my daily smokes I keep buying the same things. I usually have at lease a boxes of each and I like em but I have to admit I'm starting to grow tired of the same thing or at least I'd like to get a little more variety. I like Mild to medium smokes for everyday but do enjoy a full bodied cigar every once in a while and would like to keep a few boxes on hand. The only problem I've been having is that I don't have much experience in that category. I'm looking at a few sampler packs right now which should help a little. I didn't really buy anything for a few years so I'm getting back into cigars seriously but theres so many new brands out like man o war which I've never heard of or tried.

My normal smokes are;
Ashton- 898, Prime Minister
El Rey Del Mundo- Robusto Larga, Rectangulare
Punch Rare Corojo- Pita, Rothschild
Excalibur- #1, Epicure

Thanks in advance:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 02:59 PM 07-17-2010
For full bodied smokes, I prefer the MOW Ruinations, Diesel's, Cain F's, JDN Antano or Dark Corojo, and Oliva V's! The MOW and Oliva's are my two faves.
[Reply]
W.B. 03:14 PM 07-17-2010
Too many to list so here are 3 of my favorites( and nicely affordable) to kick it off.
1. Oliva V
2. Pinar Del Rio Sun Grown
3. My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto

All full bodied.
Plus one with less body Arturo Fuente Magnum 52

These cigars are relatively newer.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:14 PM 07-17-2010
Everything.

Seriously.
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 04:49 PM 07-17-2010
One thing you might want to do is order some different samplers and five packs of cigars. Recommendation from others is nice but they recommend something they like that maybe you won't like. You have a very learnered crowd on this site that I'm sure won't steer you wrong but thats the beauty of cigar smoking, variety is the spice of life. Good luck and Happy smoking :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:24 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Everything.

Seriously.
:-) Just look around a read a few other threads and see what people are recommending. Its tough for people to recommend a cigar that is going to fit someone else palate that doesn't have a lot of experience trying different cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Chinogobraap 06:45 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
:-) Just look around a read a few other threads and see what people are recommending. Its tough for people to recommend a cigar that is going to fit someone else palate that doesn't have a lot of experience trying different cigars. :-)
Yea I totally understand, I just bought 8 5 packs off famous 4 for 3 deal and 2 samplers, this should keep me occupied for a while.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:04 PM 07-17-2010
Camacho Triple Maduro
LFD Maduro Chisel
DPG JJ Series Maduro
Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
601 Blue Maduro

Hmmm...see a trend here? :-)
[Reply]
Up