Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Tar substance at the tip of the cigar
wayner123 02:14 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Had that happen more frequently as of late too. Not sure why. I've been told it is often cause by drawing too frequently, yet I frequently re-light due to the fact I can't shut up long enough to keep my cigars lit.

I have been trying lower humidity in my 'dor, again opposite from what I've heard the cause to be. I hear folks say hot-box and/or too wet = tar on the head. Yet I'm doing the opposite and it seems to be happening more often. Maybe 1 out of every 5-10 smokes.
What is the temperature like when you are smoking?
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 02:31 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Would the temp be a big deal???
[Reply]
wayner123 02:39 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Would the temp be a big deal???
I have found that the temperature plays a big part in this happening. I have never had it happen in the spring or summer down here, or when the temperature outside ( I only smoke outside) is above 50F.
[Reply]
357 02:53 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Well, it varies. I do not smoke outside during winter. I DO live in Michigan. Anyway, in winter I usually smoke in my sunroom which is heated, but cooler than the rest of the house. So usually 60.

I also smoke in a couple cigar bars or smoke shops around town that have normal room temps 65-70.
[Reply]
croatan 02:57 PM 03-08-2011
I've never been able to associate an environmental condition with it. It's happened to me with Cubans, non-Cubans, aged, fresh, indoors, outdoors, with dry boxing, and without dry boxing.

I have noticed it tends to happen for me more with certain cigars than others--QDO Panatelas, for one, seem prone to it. But I've had it happen with all sorts of cigars, even an '80s Davidoff 3000.

When it happens to me, it's usually within the first 1/4 of the cigar and sometimes can be cut past or, if you're careful to avoid touching the tar with your tongue or lips, can be smoked through and will often eventually stop (assuming you want to try; otherwise, pitch it).

Whatever the cause, it's annoying when it happens--which, thankfully, isn't often.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:02 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by croatan:
even an '80s Davidoff 3000.
oh that sucks, I would hate to have to pitch a stick like that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up