Justin Harrell
Brad Jones
Derrick Martin
Josh Bell
Marshall Newhouse
Mike Neal
Anthony Levine
Anthony Smith

16 players on Injured Reserve, an NFL record and the Packers get to the Super Bowl. Win or lose, this is one of the greatest, guttiest performances in NFL history, not to mention a starting Quarter Back who was out two games with a concussion.
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:32 PM 01-23-2011
Tim Masthay and his wife Amanda are good friends of mine. I'm so glad for them!!
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:34 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Tim Masthay and his wife Amanda are good friends of mine. I'm so glad for them!!
My Lord, that dude has been on fire! Next time you talk to him, tell him that Packer fans appreciate what he does.
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:40 AM 01-24-2011
A case could be made for Tim to be the special teams MVP for this playoff run. Great job by him! :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:53 AM 01-24-2011
Thompson and McCarthy do not get enough credit for getting the right players to fit in and contribute with all those injuries!
[Reply]
Stephen 05:59 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
My Lord, that dude has been on fire! Next time you talk to him, tell him that Packer fans appreciate what he does.
Cosigned. He faced the two most dangerous returners in the NFL and pretty much shut them down. Big part of why we're going to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:25 AM 01-24-2011
Its really great to hear your support. I know he appreciates it after some ups and downs. He is a FANTASTIC guy, and his wife can Cook! :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 10:34 AM 01-24-2011
I'm truely not trying to be a prick (I also don't follow the Packers at all), but are those players on the IR key players/starters for the Pack? If so, that's some gritty play right there.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:35 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
A case could be made for Tim to be the special teams MVP for this playoff run. Great job by him! :-)
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Cosigned. He faced the two most dangerous returners in the NFL and pretty much shut them down. Big part of why we're going to the Super Bowl.
And all God's people (who are Packer fans) said, Amen!

This is most certainly true. I also think that the coverage the special teams has provided the last couple games has also been pretty tight with some better tackling.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Stephen 02:05 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Dave128:
I'm truely not trying to be a prick (I also don't follow the Packers at all), but are those players on the IR key players/starters for the Pack? If so, that's some gritty play right there.
Eight were opening day starters. Grant and Finely were key cogs to the offense (the running game really didn't get going this season until recently with James Starks), while Chillar/Barnett were the starting inside linebackers. Morgan Burnett was the starting strong safety (as a rookie) and was showing a lot of promise.
[Reply]
Dave128 02:12 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Eight were opening day starters. Grant and Finely were key cogs to the offense (the running game really didn't get going this season until recently with James Starks), while Chillar/Barnett were the starting inside linebackers. Morgan Burnett was the starting strong safety (as a rookie) and was showing a lot of promise.
Thank you. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:38 AM 01-25-2011
You know, just thought of this.

Two other players who are not on your list. They were starters at the beginning of the season, but are not playing (and haven't been for most of the season) because of injuries:

Al Harris - actually gone for good.
Atari Bigby - not injured reserve, but simply injured.

Are there other?
[Reply]
Stephen 03:59 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
You know, just thought of this.

Two other players who are not on your list. They were starters at the beginning of the season, but are not playing (and haven't been for most of the season) because of injuries:

Al Harris - actually gone for good.
Atari Bigby - not injured reserve, but simply injured.

Are there other?
He's been hurt for most of the season, but he was active for the Bears game this past Sunday. Hopefully two more weeks will have him ready to knock some heads!
[Reply]
Up