Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Social Cigar forum is no more..
Brian D. 01:47 PM 10-07-2012
Hello. One of the cigar boards that I like has apparently gone by the wayside: Social Cigar, which was originally fronted by the folks from Camacho.
Traffic had slowed down on the site the last year or more, guess they didn't want to pay to keep the board going.

Guess I can use Facebook to keep in touch with fellow SC members, but the board sure was a fun place to hang out back in the day. Well maybe I can also post here at Asylum a little more often now too.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:17 PM 10-07-2012
Guess you get to spend more time at this AWESOME place then. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:52 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Hello. One of the cigar boards that I like has apparently gone by the wayside: Social Cigar, which was originally fronted by the folks from Camacho.
Traffic had slowed down on the site the last year or more, guess they didn't want to pay to keep the board going.

Guess I can use Facebook to keep in touch with fellow SC members, but the board sure was a fun place to hang out back in the day. Well maybe I can also post here at Asylum a little more often now too.
Have them join here, Brian, best public cigar board on the Net. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:32 PM 10-07-2012
And I think Tom will agree, we'd love to have them!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:44 PM 10-07-2012
Without a doubt, we love us some BOTLs...and SOTLs too. :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 03:52 PM 10-07-2012
There's a reason traffic slowed down there.. It was not the easiest place to navigate, IMHO. This place is 10,0000 x better! Tell them all to come over here!!
Scott
[Reply]
Brian D. 04:46 PM 10-07-2012
Thanks for the feedback, gang. Since SC is shut down and locked up, I'd only have alternate ways of contacting some of the members. And of those, more than a few seem to have evolved/devolved into chatting about cigars on Twitter rather than forum boards.
[Reply]
joeobx 05:06 PM 10-07-2012
Brian, if you know how to get in touch with a few and they know how to get in touch with others, you could end up with alot of your old friends joining your new ones.
[Reply]
hotreds 06:28 PM 10-07-2012
What's all this nonsense about other cigar boards? There is only ONE cigar board and THIS is it!
[Reply]
lenguamor 06:29 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Thanks for the feedback, gang. Since SC is shut down and locked up, I'd only have alternate ways of contacting some of the members. And of those, more than a few seem to have evolved/devolved into chatting about cigars on Twitter rather than forum boards.
Writing a review in 140 characters or less would be the cruelest form of torture...:-)
[Reply]
cmitch 10:14 PM 10-07-2012
Says it is disabled because of an overdue balance.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:55 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Have them join here, Brian, best public cigar board on the Net. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Up