Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Alas, bad shipping means no GoF's
Silound 10:57 PM 12-04-2008
5-pack from CBid. UPS mauled the box so badly that, despite adequate packaging around the cigars, all but one were severely damaged beyond smokability. Two were split the length of the cigar, two had crushed heads and feet, and one the wrapper was peeling off (possibly repairable....possibly).

So, off goes the email to CBid's CS team, hopefully I can get some replacements :-)

No midnight joy for me.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:51 PM 12-04-2008
I wish they would ship USPS, that sucks man.

I think they'll make it better though, Cbid has some good customer service.

goodluck!
[Reply]
Volt 03:07 AM 12-05-2008
Man - I haven't seen a box that beat up in ages. Just pure evil.....
[Reply]
sofaman 04:20 AM 12-05-2008
Thats a shame:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:51 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I wish they would ship USPS, that sucks man.

They do! :-) You have to give their customer service dept a call and ask them to ship USPS. It costs an extra buck or two because they have to insure it, but I love USPS b/c I get my cigars on a Saturday instead of on a Monday. I don't like the idea of my cigars sitting in a warehouse all weekend. I hardly ever order off of C-bid though.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:39 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
They do! :-) You have to give their customer service dept a call and ask them to ship USPS. It costs an extra buck or two because they have to insure it, but I love USPS b/c I get my cigars on a Saturday instead of on a Monday. I don't like the idea of my cigars sitting in a warehouse all weekend. I hardly ever order off of C-bid though.

That's great news. I have never used C-bid, but it's great they're standing by their product. I'm with you on cigars sitting in the warehouse over the weekend, but I'm less concerned during the winter months.
[Reply]
dunng 06:40 AM 12-05-2008
Ouch... they will take care of you though! :-)
[Reply]
Fumador 06:46 AM 12-05-2008
Yes, their customer service is great. I order the majority of my stuff from them/CI.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:23 AM 12-05-2008
I stick with the DHL delivery and have never had a problem. I have it set up for once a week shipping and my orders ship Thursday and arrive in NKy. on Saturday. Works the best and you don't have to pay the extra money for USPS. :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 05:24 PM 12-05-2008
Usually CI/Cbid package the higher end cigars like a tank. I won a 5pack of La Aurora PReferidos along with some usual NC 5 packs, the usual NC stuff is put into plastic zippies and tossed into the box with some air pillow, the La Auroras tooks three days to get out of all the freaking bubble wrap. I am very suprised the GOF was not given the atomic treatment. CI will take care of you though.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 05:30 PM 12-05-2008
That really sucks. I have repaired and smoked more damaged smokes though. Get replacements, but don't trash 'em.
[Reply]
Up