Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>The worst news I ever got.
TripleF 07:45 AM 12-03-2008
Wishing you many,many years of long life even if you have to drop the cigars.

God bless.

Salute!
[Reply]
Starscream 08:17 AM 12-03-2008
Sorry to hear the news. But the good news is if you limit yourself to an "occasional" smoke, you can make damned sure that you smoke only the best.

All the best to you, Doc.
[Reply]
bonjing 09:55 AM 12-03-2008
CigarDoc, sorry to hear about the the bad news. like others have sugested get a second opinion. hope everything gets better for you
[Reply]
jbo57 01:18 PM 12-03-2008
Doc...I'm really sorry to hear this. Hang in there. Is there any hope that this will clear up after a while of not smoking your favorite (or non-favorite for that matter) sticks? Take care.
[Reply]
Cyanide 09:42 AM 12-04-2008
Sorry for your hardship, BOTL....

But I am inclined to agree with some of the later posts here:

I am a military doc in the Canadian Forces, and "reactive airway disease" doesn't scare me much. But, it could be bad or nothing at all. If someone was throwing ideas of epiglotal involvement at you, they might have been oversimplifying in a way that left false beliefs behind.

I personally have "reactive airway" tendencies, which have not gotten any worse with taking on cigar smoking (1 a week). With that I have been able to pare down my 1.5mile run from 9 min 18 seconds 6 weeks ago to 8 min 52 seconds.

While that is my story, it may not be yours.....but it may not require as harsh a decision as selling your collection (regardless of how much I want to take it and the humidor off your hands :-) )

Give me a PM, we should talk....bring your lab results (I presume you might have some number available from a PFT - pulmonary function test)....

We can discuss it in a framework of doing what is right for you based on best evidence (if quitting is the best option I will tell you that, but if calculated indulgence can happen without likely increasing risks I will tell you that too).

Cheers

Cyanide

John Julyan-Gudgeon
Capt
1 Fd Amb
[Reply]
mikeandshellie2 11:36 AM 12-04-2008
Hope all is well Doc. I do agree with Tobii though. But then again we may not have the full story, you know your body best.Take care!
[Reply]
TideRoll 01:38 PM 12-04-2008
Take care of your health first, you'll be around in the long run to enjoy what will now be higher grade and better aged sticks. A second opinion never hurts, either, but any way it comes out, take care.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up