Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>El Cobre and CFO by Oliva
taltos 01:02 PM 11-30-2008
Just curious if Bengalman is reading these threads and he can answer a couple of questions. I am a total Oliva whore. A couple of years ago I bought some El Cobres from Cigar.com. Are the El Cobres from Cigar Factory Outlet in CT the same blend? Also, they carry a cigar called the CFO by Oliva which I assume is a store blend. I would be considering the maduros. What would that compare to in the Oliva line? Any answers appreciated. :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 01:12 PM 11-30-2008
The El Cobre is exclusively sold through CFO in CT, it's always been the same blend. Full bodied and amazing. :-) As far as their house blend goes, yes, that is made by us, however I haven't had a chance to have one.

I hope this helped.
[Reply]
Ratters 01:18 PM 11-30-2008
+1. Just got a bundle of the El Cobres and they are a powerful but tasty and smooth smoke.
[Reply]
taltos 01:20 PM 11-30-2008
Thanks for the answers. Sounds like the info that I wanted.:-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 02:32 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
Thanks for the answers. Sounds like the info that I wanted.:-)
Glad I could help.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:48 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
Just curious if Bengalman is reading these threads and he can answer a couple of questions. I am a total Oliva whore. A couple of years ago I bought some El Cobres from Cigar.com. Are the El Cobres from Cigar Factory Outlet in CT the same blend? Also, they carry a cigar called the CFO by Oliva which I assume is a store blend. I would be considering the maduros. What would that compare to in the Oliva line? Any answers appreciated. :-)
as far as I know, the El Cobre is a private blend that was made for and smoked by the old man Oliva. It is exclusively sold by the shop of their international sales rep and in a couple of shops in The Netherlands (3 that I know of). Ian, can you confirm this?

I reviewed 3 vitola's on my blog www.cigarguide.org
[Reply]
BengalMan 03:56 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
as far as I know, the El Cobre is a private blend that was made for and smoked by the old man Oliva. It is exclusively sold by the shop of their international sales rep and in a couple of shops in The Netherlands (3 that I know of). Ian, can you confirm this?

I reviewed 3 vitola's on my blog www.cigarguide.org

That's correct.
[Reply]
Up