Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>New Band on the DPG Blues?
Mark 10:04 PM 11-27-2008
I stopped in a shop in wilmington, NC on my way back to Chapel Hill from Myrtle beach last weekend and saw a box of DPG Invictos (Blue) with a strange new carolina blue and cream band. I asked the owner and he said that was the only band he had ever seen on the cigar, but I have smoked many more than my fair share of these and never seen this band. Any clues?

Sorry I didn't take a picture - camera was MIA at the time.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 11:08 PM 11-27-2008
The new Blues have a lovely new band. Much fancier and nicer looking than the old ones. As for the B&M owner, either he has some memory problems, he hasn't been in business for too long or he hasn't stocked those cigars until recently.
[Reply]
groogs 11:23 PM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
The new Blues have a lovely new band. Much fancier and nicer looking than the old ones. As for the B&M owner, either he has some memory problems, he hasn't been in business for too long or he hasn't stocked those cigars until recently.
:-) The new band looks much better IMO. I think it was changed a few months ago, so the shop owner must have a bad memory.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:29 PM 11-27-2008
Is this the band you are talking about?
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:33 PM 11-27-2008
Yup... the new ones look sharp, but I am glad I have enough of the old ones to have as a history piece. :-)

By the way here is a pic of the old style bands from some of the lanceros I have:

and the new one I copied from CI:

[Reply]
zmancbr 11:34 PM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Damn beat me to it lol... I am gonna have to get some of the firecrackers with thew new bands one of these days...
[Reply]
Celt 12:03 AM 11-28-2008
Hmmm cool!
I just ordered some from Joe Cigar last week or week before that had the old band.

Like the new one better, looks nice!
[Reply]
neoflex 07:19 AM 11-28-2008
Question is, how did I miss the Blues on Joe???????? I have been waiting for them to come up for months. :-)
[Reply]
Mark 09:18 AM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

Thats it!

I knew you guys would come through! Thanks!

Now to get some of those firecrackers... :-)
[Reply]
Squid 09:26 AM 11-28-2008
Got to say....those do indeed look rather tasty and the size would be just about perfect in the cold weather to sit on the porch with a nice cup of coffee! Going to have toget me some of those!! :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:41 AM 11-28-2008
Do the new bands still have the flags on the side? I always liked that feature.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:44 AM 11-28-2008
What vendors carry the Firecrackers and what are the size specs on them? What do they cost per box?
[Reply]
Celt 10:36 AM 11-28-2008
Well it wasnt hard to miss them because I just happened to catch them on Joe at like 12:30am eastern time one night before bed. Grabbed 20 of them for $69 and the next morning when I got to work they were already gone.

:-)

Where do you find those little Firecrackers?
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:27 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Celt:

Originally Posted by BostonMark:

You guys need to talk to Bao and see if he can hook ya up... I never thought I would say this... but Bao knows things... :-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:57 AM 11-30-2008
Talk to Bao and prepare to be hurt :-)
[Reply]
Stick 09:31 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Celt:
Originally Posted by BostonMark:
Here:
http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/Don+Pe...recracker.html
[Reply]
dannysguitar 02:36 PM 11-30-2008
I really love the new band!
[Reply]
Up