Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Excellent B&M Experience
SteveH 07:27 PM 03-27-2011
Gents -
Just wanted to write about an excellent experience a friend and I had on Friday. He is graduating next weekend after wrapping up his master's, so before the festivities I wanted to sneak out of work early and hit up a specific B&M spot I've been hearing good things about.
We headed up to the shop (which will remain nameless as Im not sure how the Mods here feel about such things), and after checking out the accessories we ventured into the humidor...This is there the magic began. While there certainly are larger selections around, this spot had all the major manufacturers and some boutique items. What set this place apart however was one of the employees chatting us up asking us what our likes are, etc etc. Genuine and knowledgeable - the guy was awesome. After egging me on to try an A.Fuente Anejo - we grabbed our sticks and headed into the lounge.
While we've never been there before, we were greeted into the lounge by the crowd (about 10 or so...already at 2pm on a Friday :-) ) and felt right at home. The lounge was free of charge, offered free bottled water, premium sports channels, etc.
My friend and I spent a good three hours in that place, and made some friends along the way. While the spot may not have been the most eliete and fanciest buildings, I really felt like the environment was humble and friendly...Absolutely what this n00b has been looking for :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:30 PM 03-27-2011
Glad you had a great time Steve!! That is what the hobby is all about. :-) :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 08:25 PM 03-27-2011
Feels good when we are made to feel at home....glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself.
[Reply]
thecatch83 08:29 PM 03-27-2011
Great choice on the Anejo (what vitola whas it btw?)......any B&M that doesn't shove Davidoff's down your throat is okay in my book!
[Reply]
md4958 08:56 PM 03-27-2011
Glad to hear you had a good experience, its nice to also hear the positive stories, and not just the complaints.

Originally Posted by SteveH:
We headed up to the shop (which will remain nameless as Im not sure how the Mods here feel about such things),
I dont think the Mods would mind you giving credit to a good B&M :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:58 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by SteveH:
We headed up to the shop (which will remain nameless as Im not sure how the Mods here feel about such things),
Originally Posted by md4958:
I dont think the Mods would mind you giving credit to a good B&M :-)
Not a problem at all. Please share the name/location.
[Reply]
SteveH 06:18 AM 03-28-2011
Guys -
The stick was the #50 (5.1x50). I really enjoyed it, lots of flavor and it smoked well; although it was pretty powerful for me; and I needed some sugar intake after :-)
The place is Old Havana Cigar Co:

http://oldhavanacigarco.com/

I was at the West Chester Location.

Thanks !
Steve
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:55 AM 03-28-2011
Always good to hear a positive experience, the shop deserves to be known so others in the area can check them out as well. :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:19 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Always good to hear a positive experience, the shop deserves to be known so others in the area can check them out as well. :-)
+1
[Reply]
tx_tuff 12:38 PM 03-28-2011
Thats what it is all about!! Glad you found your perfect place, now the key is to keep supporting it.
[Reply]
qsalinas 03:54 PM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
:-)

Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
Thats what it is all about!! Glad you found your perfect place, now the key is to keep supporting it.
:-)
[Reply]
Up