Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What the heck did I smoke? - Avalon Cigars
RightAJ 09:29 AM 03-01-2010
I smoked this stick a month or two ago, a really fantastic robusto sized stick with tons of nuttiness... I had a hankering for the same flavor but can't figure out what it was! Looks similar to the 'Numbers Series', but there was no number on the band. Any help or direction would be much appreciated! Looked for an email addy for Avalon, but none was on their site. Pics attached:

aj
Attached: Avalon1.jpg (39.7 KB) Avalon2.jpg (38.6 KB) 
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 09:31 AM 03-01-2010
It looks like the number series to me and if you're right about the size its the #50 Cameroon
[Reply]
Razorhog 09:33 AM 03-01-2010
I don't know the answer, never even heard of Avalon cigars. However, I am always searching for cigars with a certain nutty flavor. Have no idea what type of filler/binder/wrapper or combo thereof gives that flavor. Let me know if you find out!
[Reply]
Tuxguy 10:48 AM 03-01-2010
I have a lancero that came in a Lancero sample from Famous. I never heard of them.
[Reply]
BigCat 10:55 AM 03-01-2010
http://www.avaloncigars.com/

Never had one, but here's the website. Happy hunting...
[Reply]
BigCat 11:51 AM 03-01-2010
Sorry, I re-read the first post and noticed you already had been to the website. My bad.
[Reply]
Volt 01:22 PM 03-01-2010
I have had the Avalon white and the Hellhound. Both were good and I would like more, but no singles anywhere close to me. Don't really need a box.
[Reply]
TXRebel 04:39 PM 03-01-2010
Try contacting them through their facebook account or the contact phone number on the upper right of the home page.
[Reply]
TXRebel 05:13 PM 03-01-2010
Found an email address, bottom of Retailers page.
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:15 PM 03-01-2010
I have smoked 2 of their Bluesman series and they were awesome.
[Reply]
RightAJ 07:02 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
Found an email address, bottom of Retailers page.
Tried that email... got nothin

aj
[Reply]
Walt 04:13 AM 03-02-2010
Avalon went through a bit of re-branding this past year at IPCPR. The year before last they had more of a blues persona and the names of their cigars followed suit. Last year at IPCPR they changed their image to a mixture of blues, fast cars, and scantily clad women.

When they made that change i think they overhauled their brands to introduce cigars that were more edgy and fit to the new persona. I was never very experienced with the brand but i do recall a couple of the lines being replaced. It is possible that the cigar you smoked has been replaced by something else.
[Reply]
Up