Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Shops: Dublin
ActionAndy 05:08 PM 10-26-2009
I'll be heading off to Dublin very soon. Anyone have any experience with the B&Ms there? Is there one I should definitely make it to for whatever reason?

And did I post this in the right section? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:32 PM 10-26-2009
James Fox on Gratton is small but decent, usually with a selection of the current ELs, and maybe an aged gem or two in the smaller vitolas.

There is actually a small LCdH in a club called Flordita in the Irish Life Mall on Abbey St. Prices are high, but I believe you can actually smoke in there and you can't do that anywhere else in Dublin. Hours are very odd, so call ahead.

EDIT: Oops...just checked their website, and Flordita is gone. That sucks. :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 05:33 PM 10-26-2009
Main Entry: Dub·lin
Pronunciation: \ˈdə-blən\
Variant(s): or for 3 and 4 Irish Gaelic Bai·le Atha Cli·ath \blä-ˈklē-ə\
Function: geographical name
1 city W California ESE of Oakland population 29,973
2 city central Ohio, a suburb of Columbus population 31,392
3 county E Ireland in Leinster area 356 square miles (926 square kilometers), population 1,122,821

:-), but I can't help with any of them.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:37 PM 10-26-2009
Alrighty then.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 09:34 PM 10-26-2009
Thanks for the help :-)
[Reply]
Zanaspus 10:37 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
Main Entry: Dub·lin
Pronunciation: \ˈdə-blən\
Variant(s): or for 3 and 4 Irish Gaelic Bai·le Atha Cli·ath \blä-ˈklē-ə\
Function: geographical name
1 city W California ESE of Oakland population 29,973
2 city central Ohio, a suburb of Columbus population 31,392
3 county E Ireland in Leinster area 356 square miles (926 square kilometers), population 1,122,821
I could help with #2. :-):-)
[Reply]
sodomanaz 10:41 PM 10-26-2009
Duty free will be much cheaper than anything you buy in Dublin. Just an observation from the last time I made that trip. Dublin ain't cheap. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:39 AM 10-27-2009
The (cigar) conditions at duty free in the Dublin Airport are horrible though...I wouldn't expect much. :-)
[Reply]
HotRodLincoln 09:12 AM 02-21-2010
Dublin isn't cheap for cigars, due taxes, but if you are looking for cigars in Dublin there are three places all situated near or on Grafton Street.

1. Foxes at the bottom of grafton street have a small selection of hand made cigars and some machine made but are starting to move away from cigars and towards whiskey and stuff. The service could be a little better

2. Petersons are a couple of doors up the street and again they do have a small selection, but these guys really specialize in pipes.

3. The Decent Cigar Emporium is at the other end of Grafton street and is many opinions the best place to go. The staff are all cigar smokers and full of advise, you can enjoy a cuban coffee while you browse. The stock only hand made cigars and have one of the widest ranges of cigars in Europe. and the boss brings his great big bull mastif dog and sits him in a plush leather chair, its quite a sight
[Reply]
weak_link 10:31 AM 02-21-2010
If you come out to Dublin, CA there is a great B&M next door in Pleasanton I'd be happy to introduce you to. Other than that, good luck!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:48 AM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by HotRodLincoln:
3. The Decent Cigar Emporium is at the other end of Grafton street and is many opinions the best place to go. The staff are all cigar smokers and full of advise, you can enjoy a cuban coffee while you browse. The stock only hand made cigars and have one of the widest ranges of cigars in Europe. and the boss brings his great big bull mastif dog and sits him in a plush leather chair, its quite a sight
I look forward to checking that one out on my next trip to Dublin, thanks. :-)
[Reply]
Goldie 11:03 AM 02-21-2010
Give me a call when you get here, and we can check out House of Cigar. It's a great shop. Oh, you meant Ireland. Just kiddin'
[Reply]
HotRodLincoln 05:53 AM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I look forward to checking that one out on my next trip to Dublin, thanks. :-)
No problem man, there are a lot of new smoking areas opening up in Dublin now these days, some of which are very cigar friendly, so the next time you venture to Dublin let me know and I give you some tips. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:08 AM 02-24-2010
Is there a Davidoff, ST Dupont, or Dunhill store in Dublin?
[Reply]
icehog3 07:51 AM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by HotRodLincoln:
No problem man, there are a lot of new smoking areas opening up in Dublin now these days, some of which are very cigar friendly, so the next time you venture to Dublin let me know and I give you some tips. :-)
Muchas Gracias! :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 09:18 AM 02-24-2010
Thoguht I'd weigh in on my experience. The Decent Cigar Emporium was probably more than decent (but the Rad Cigar Emporium wouldn't sound right). Prices were high of course, especially considering the unfavorable exchange rate. It's not set up like a traditional B&M here, with a walk-in humi. Rather they have large desktops arranged on shelves, and you peer into each one to see the selections.

Picked up three 98 Trinidad Fundadores the first day (had two friends with me). Mine was plugged, Pat's had trouble staying lit, but Brenden's was pretty amazing. I don't think that should be held against the store though, as I left them in the room without a humi overnight, and tried to light them in the dashed Irish wind.

Went back and got a RyJ churchill tubo and some Petit Edmundo tubos to bring home. All were good. Very helpful, friendly staff.
[Reply]
Up