Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Tobacco disc slices best practices?
The.Sheepdog 07:41 PM 01-05-2015
I got a baggie of something recommended to me to try. Petersons St Luxury Bulls Eye Flake.

When I got it I noticed it was a pkg of pepperoni slices! :-) Cute! Never seen this before. I just torn one up into little pieces and stuffed it in the pipe. No 3 stage packing I mean. It lit easily and burned evenly and only took the one light to take off. It went to the end and was wonderful.

Is this how I should use the slices? Is their a better way? Is this blend awesome or what?!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:54 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog:
I got a baggie of something recommended to me to try. Petersons St Luxury Bulls Eye Flake.

When I got it I noticed it was a pkg of pepperoni slices! :-) Cute!
Hello Bill, Sounds like you're on the right track. You can take a slice and, 1) Fold it in half, then fold it in half again, and gently place it in to your bowl; 2) Depending on the size of your bowl, you can place one or two slices in your hand, and with the other hand, gently rub the slices out in to a fine stringy amount, and then place gently in to your bowl. That's a couple of idea's. Here's some additional information here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/python/pipe...o-preparation/

The above pertains more to flake tobacco', but is pertinent to slices as well. As always, there will be more input by others here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:55 PM 01-05-2015
Mark covered it.
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 07:43 AM 01-06-2015
fold/roll/rub the slices. interesting!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:25 AM 01-06-2015
And, each technique tried on 1 specific tobacco, will bring different flavors to the fore. It is interesting.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:26 AM 01-06-2015

When I got it I noticed it was a pkg of pepperoni slices! :-) Cute! Never seen this before. I just torn one up into little pieces and stuffed it in the pipe. No 3 stage packing I mean. It lit easily and burned evenly and only took the one light to take off. It went to the end and was wonderful.

Is this how I should use the slices? Is their a better way? Is this blend awesome or what?!
I would say that if this is how you did it and it smoked well for you, then you did it the right way. :-)

I like to rub the coins out as much as possible, personally. Primarily because it's easier/faster to dry it out in preparation of smoking.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:45 AM 01-06-2015
And, each technique tried on 1 specific tobacco, will bring different flavors to the fore. It is interesting.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
[Reply]
Up