Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Partagas Cifuentes 2006?
Sherlockholms 10:52 PM 09-11-2011
I have seen these in CI's catalog for a while now, have been wanting to try them. They sound like a great cigar.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 04:16 AM 09-13-2011
I read 3 pages of Google output of a cigar before I buy, ~10 reviews. For all but two boxes I've bought, this has been beneficial; and as regards these two boxes, I don't think I smoked enough cigars from them to draw a valid conclusion.
[Reply]
blacklabel 12:36 PM 09-15-2011
I bought a box of them...I love Partagas....

I dont think I would pay what they say retail is....Like $140 or something a box...

It's good solid smoke I think! The black labels are my personal fav though

Having had both C and NC Partagas I think they are both great! But palates are subjective!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:23 PM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by blacklabel:
I bought a box of them...I love Partagas....

I dont think I would pay what they say retail is....Like $140 or something a box...

It's good solid smoke I think! The black labels are my personal fav though

Having had both C and NC Partagas I think they are both great! But palates are subjective!
Hey Adam..... I've got a few extra P Blacks hanging around (I like em too!). If you're interested in a small trade to get one under your belt, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple. You can send me something you think I might like! :-)
[Reply]
michaelmastro 08:58 AM 12-18-2013
I don't know about those who haven't tried this cigar - I bought a box as a fluke, and after smoking one I ordered two more boxes. Maybe the finest cigar I've ever smoked. Smooth, creamy, full of flavor, and without the distraction of too much spice. I highly recommend this cigar, but I think you'll have trouble finding them...
[Reply]
dijit 09:25 AM 12-18-2013
These are one of the few Partagas I enjoy, the rest tend to be mild but this one has more body and spice.
[Reply]
michaelmastro 09:40 AM 12-18-2013
dijit - It's interesting that you mention spice. One of the reasons I love this cigar so much is the LACK of spice. I think that spice is a distraction from whether or not a cigar is flavorful. Rocky Patel is the prime example: all spice; no flavor.
[Reply]
michaelmastro 10:52 AM 02-22-2015
The Partagas 2006 is one of my favorites. I bought a box because of the ad, and over the last couple of years I buy them whenever I find them. I prefer the Enero to the Decembre because they have even more of that wonderful Partagas flavor. Then again, I'm a Partagas fan - core, 1845, Cuban.
[Reply]
dijit 11:14 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by michaelmastro:
dijit - It's interesting that you mention spice. One of the reasons I love this cigar so much is the LACK of spice. I think that spice is a distraction from whether or not a cigar is flavorful. Rocky Patel is the prime example: all spice; no flavor.
To me the RP are about the same as most of the Perdomo line. Taste too much like earth. The exception for me is the RP Camaroon line which I really like. That being said I dont think the Patagas has an overwhelming spice but a balance between what I get to be spice tobacco leather and coffee flavors. The spice and the coffee seem to be more prevalent on the retrohale as opposed to the normal draw. The NC Partagas played a huge part in my cigar hobby and about 10 years ago the forbidden ones graced my stable. Night and day difference between and both still among my favorites.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up