Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Trip to Las Vegas
hotreds 06:33 PM 09-29-2013
Clan Montgomery is having its Annual Meeting next July in Flagstaff. I see that it is fairly close to Las Vegas, where we can get tours of the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam- not to mention seeing the Strip. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions about where to stay and what to do. So far I've found that Harrah's seems to have decent rates, and there is a 12 hour excursion to the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon available. Where do most tours start? We'll be in Vegas for 2 days, one day will be filled with the tour mentioned. Anything else stand out? The Lake Meade dinner cruise?

Anyway, sure would like to get anybody's suggestions- maybe we don't even need to stay in Vegas to do these tours, but it seems like that might be the easiest way to handle it.

Also- should I go ahead and make my airline reservations now- ten months out?

Thanks in advance for any help!
[Reply]
racerX 07:47 PM 09-29-2013
Air now is probably cheaper than later.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:35 PM 09-29-2013
If you're staying in Flagstaff, you're practically at the Grand Canyon already.
Why would you drive 4 hours west to see what is 1 hour north of Flag?!
If the Grand Canyon is on your must-see list, you're better off planning an excursion from Flagstaff.
Trust me, pull out a map & see....

And if you want a great place to enjoy cigars in the Flag area,
I'm only 1-1/2 hours' drive away.:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:45 PM 09-30-2013
yeah, sound like a plan- just seemed to be so easy from Vegas, BUT will look at changing the itinerary a bit. Still in the very early planning stages, natch! And maybe we could gtg for a smoke!
[Reply]
Up