Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Kyle Busch
chippewastud79 07:39 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That is weak. Busch should have had a much stiffer penalty.
Harvick got out of the car and tried to start a physical altercation by reaching into Busch's car and Busch should have gotten the bigger suspension? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:46 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Harvick got out of the car and tried to start a physical altercation by reaching into Busch's car and Busch should have gotten the bigger suspension? :-)
Yes. Busch could have endangered lives by pushing KH's car out of the way on pit road. Luckily none of KH's crew had made it that far down pit road when it went out of control.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:50 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I know you aren't a big NASCAR fan, so you don't have as much knowledge, but NASCAR put in place a "Boys, have at it" policy. Last year Jeff Gordon shoved Jeff Burton and nothing happened. I think Harvick shouldn't have even gotten penalized. Busch should have though because of the dumping of the car.
[Reply]
criracer 08:34 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Yes. Busch could have endangered lives by pushing KH's car out of the way on pit road. Luckily none of KH's crew had made it that far down pit road when it went out of control.
The only reason Harvick's crew was down there was to try and start a fight with Busch. I don't think Busch asked Kevin to block him and keep him from driving to his trailer.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Harvick conveniently waited for his crew to get there before he got out of his car. As far as I see it The crew guys put their own lives in danger by running down pit road to start a fight.

I guess Kyle should have stayed there and let Harvick AND HIS CREW kick his ass.
[Reply]
jledou 08:39 AM 05-11-2011
I know you aren't a big NASCAR fan, so you don't have as much knowledge, but NASCAR put in place a "Boys, have at it" policy. Last year Jeff Gordon shoved Jeff Burton and nothing happened. I think Harvick shouldn't have even gotten penalized. Busch should have though because of the dumping of the car.
Agree with Dan here. If anything Busch should have been penalized for moving down the track (out of the racing line) to clip the back of Harvick's car. In reality though this will not change anything until the sit a driver out of a race seriously hurting them in points.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:59 AM 05-11-2011
:-) Maybe I don't have a "Rainbow Warrior" t-shirt. :-)
Robby Gordon got put on probation for the rest of the season for a physical altercation with Conway early this season. So if Harvick had actually gotten the chance to fight with him, then the fine/probation could have been much worse. Busch avoided it, albeit not very intelligently, but he got the same penalty. The "Boys, have at it" Policy is kind of like the fines and suspensions in other sports, at the discretion of the governing body/commisioner. Some get fined, some don't, its dependent on a number of factors, including your 'standing' as a driver and past incidents. The fines and probation seem to be appropriate given that a physical altercation didn't occur but was intended to be started by Harvick. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:54 PM 05-24-2011
http://www2.statesville.com/news/201...ne-ar-1061276/
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:04 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
http://www2.statesville.com/news/201...ne-ar-1061276/
:-):-):-)
:-) Oops :-)
[Reply]
SDmate 04:39 PM 05-24-2011
and they didn't impound the car & throw him in jail..:-)
btw here's the ride
[Reply]
Starscream 06:54 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by SDmate:
and they didn't impound the car & throw him in jail..:-)
btw here's the ride
Star power works wonders.:-)

That is a nice ride, though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up