Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar snuffer
PCR 07:13 PM 09-20-2010
I was at a friend house yesterday watching football (Seahawks = :-)) and one of the guys needed to leave early. Instead of just rubbing out his cigar he used a "snuffer". Anyone here use them? How does your cigar taste when you re-light it later?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:23 AM 09-21-2010
I personally never rub out a cigar...I just set it in the ashtray and let it die.

On the snuffer issue, if the cigar is being re-lit within an hour, maybe. Any longer than that and it usually tastes like ass. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:59 AM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I personally never rub out a cigar...I just set it in the ashtray and let it die.

On the snuffer issue, if the cigar is being re-lit within an hour, maybe. Any longer than that and it usually tastes like ass. :-)
:-) I'm not sure I know that flavor Tom. :-) But they certainly taste bad several hours or a day later.
[Reply]
Shemp Howard 04:08 AM 09-21-2010
Tried re-lighting once. It tasted like charcoal so it wasn't very pleasant. Once it's out, it stays out. Tasting like ass I can't vouche for........never tried donkey.
[Reply]
taltos 05:10 AM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Is that why they call it a butt?:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:32 AM 09-21-2010
Oh, ye of sheltered upbringings.

:-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:42 AM 09-21-2010
I had a tube that was made for this, I believe it was metal, and had a spring-loaded "snuffer" in it, that would compact and put the cigar out quickly. Used it once, it worked well, but relighting is rarely a good idea.
[Reply]
junkinduck 05:50 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
I had a tube that was made for this, I believe it was metal, and had a spring-loaded "snuffer" in it, that would compact and put the cigar out quickly. Used it once, it worked well, but relighting is rarely a good idea.
I have one of those. I ran across it yesterday. It was called a cigar savor or something like that. It was plastic with an aluminum spring loaded snuffer. I recall the cigar tasting like ass after being sealed in that tube for any time. I ought to put it up on the trade board to see if any one else wants to give it a try.
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 06:26 PM 09-23-2010
I usually let the cigar die out if I have to let it go for a moment or need to take a break. Once I relight, I torch lightly the outer rim of the wrapper just enough so that I can get it puffing again.
[Reply]
Whynot 08:14 AM 09-26-2010
If I plan to relight, I blow the smoke out before letting it die.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 02:01 PM 10-06-2010
So this is probably heresy here but I will mention it anyway, I have had to put out a cigar a few times before I was done with it and what I do is clip the end past where the burn is, Then I purge till all the smoke has been gone for a while, after that I place it in a ziploc with a humicare pillow. I had a RP edge that I did not get back to for 5 days. It did smell bad before it lit is so I got it going good and purged again and then started to smoke, while it was not as good a a fresh one it was still a good smoke and I enjoyed the rest of it.
[Reply]
Up