Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Low interest rate credit cards
BORIStheBLADE 05:58 PM 04-07-2009
So B of A sent me a letter saying in May they are raising rates on my card 4%. :-)So my CC with be 12%. After they yanked my line of credit out from under my feet I feel like venturing out to find a CC that has maybe at the most the same rate I'm getting. I have excellent credit and dont have issues getting CC's.
I usually pay my bill in full and sometimes leave a couple of hundred on it but don't care for this crap.

Anyone seen any good rates lately? Not the one year 0% but indefinite?

thanks
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:07 PM 04-07-2009
Try a local credit union if you qualify, got a good rate on mine through one :-)
[Reply]
Silound 10:16 PM 04-07-2009
Chase has some good cards, but honestly if you pay your bill the way you describe, the % shouldn't matter. I would be looking for cards that offer more for me, like useful rewards or cash back.

Chase, however, has some good ones that run something like 2.99% + prime, so you're looking at sub-7% interest, but no rewards.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 06:15 AM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Try a local credit union if you qualify, got a good rate on mine through one :-)

I'll check around my area when I get a chance.:-)

Originally Posted by Silound:
Chase has some good cards, but honestly if you pay your bill the way you describe, the % shouldn't matter. I would be looking for cards that offer more for me, like useful rewards or cash back.

Chase, however, has some good ones that run something like 2.99% + prime, so you're looking at sub-7% interest, but no rewards.

Ya I agree, but if I need to spend some money on an emergency and I can't pay it all I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for leaving a balance. I'll check out chase.
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:22 AM 04-08-2009
American Express is the best bet if you pay it off every month.
[Reply]
okieRob 06:36 AM 04-08-2009
If you are looking to shop rates you might want to try http://www.bankrate.com
[Reply]
skyhigh340 02:22 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by okieRob:
If you are looking to shop rates you might want to try http://www.bankrate.com

:-)
I now have one with chase because they bought wamu. They seem to be fee happy. I paid off my balance and left chase.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 03:42 PM 04-08-2009
I got the same letter from B of A. SOB'S!
[Reply]
G G 03:44 PM 04-08-2009
I don't have any, thank the Lord.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 04:01 PM 04-08-2009
I have AMEX and AMEX Blue, never had a problem.
[Reply]
Up