Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Help, I'm stuck in my living room!
Footbag 04:48 PM 12-16-2008
No, not seriously, but it almost was...
I came home from work and the living room door was closed. It's an old home with the original pocket doors, and my wife was running our air sanitizer to clear out any smoke smell. Nothing unusual, but when I tried to open the pocket door, it was wedged shut. This happens on occasion so I just did what I usually do and tried to use a little force. No dice. I was pretty sure it had to be opened from the other side. Plus, my cigars are in the office off the living room!
So I went to look into a crawlspace that has an old firewood pass-up from my basement to my living room. Think spiderwebs and dirt. I had to use a step-stool on a crooked floor to get up to the crawlspace and had to break open the door with a 2X4 which was conveniently laying in the crawlspace. I realized as soon as I got up there, it was a one way trip. Got into my living room and walked over to the door. Used a lot of force. Nothing. Had enough time to Google and found some info on This Old House. They say I need to cut into the wall. My tools are in the kitchen. Used more force. Nothing.
My dog is barking because he wants in. The smell of the sanitizer is making me dizzy. I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to jump out of a 10' window, or just break down the door with my 2X4. Try the door a few more times and finally after an hour. It opens! Whew!
[Reply]
Screwbag 05:47 PM 12-16-2008
HAH! Gremlins did it!
[Reply]
joetownhound 06:01 PM 12-16-2008
I'm still laughing at this one. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 07:08 PM 12-16-2008
That's pretty funny....at least you had internet access.....you could always email someone to bring over an axe:-)
[Reply]
Footbag 07:14 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
That's pretty funny....at least you had internet access.....you could always email someone to bring over an axe:-)
That's one of the reasons I had to get in to the living room. Cigars and Internet. Forget food or water.
[Reply]
silentjon 07:14 PM 12-16-2008
Damn, I will have to watch out for my pocket doors!!
[Reply]
Up