Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva O torpedo
Don Fernando 09:45 AM 01-24-2011
The Oliva O series is well known and appreciated all over the world. The cigar is made from a Nicaraguan Habano binder and filler with a sun grown Habano wrapper. There are nine sizes available and there is even a complete maduro line, but I smoked the 6x52 natural torpedo

The cigar has a wood and barnyard smell with the recognizable Oliva band. The wrapper is quite light colored and oily with a few veins. The construction is good and so is the predraw which tastes like spicy raisin.

I taste a spicy but sweet coffee flavor. The sweetness is mild dominant. After a third I taste a sweet wood flavor and halfway that flavor gets company from some herbs.

The sweetness is getting less dominant and now I taste an earthy flavor with wood and herbs and all flavors grow in strength.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and thirty-five minutes. I got a lot of thick white smoke and a great draw. The ash is light colored but frayed and reasonably firm. The burn of this medium flavored and medium bodied cigar is great.

Would I buy this cigar again? I liked the cigar but prefer the G and V series

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:14 AM 01-24-2011
Nice review Ferdie. :-)
[Reply]
Sin 02:58 PM 01-30-2011
G and V all the way. Thanks!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:11 PM 01-30-2011
Hmm I gotta get away from this place while I'm at work and can't smoke...
:-)
[Reply]
jdawg 11:54 AM 02-01-2011
Nice review! I agree the "G" & "V" are better.
[Reply]
Up