Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente Sun Grown rosado magnum R54
Don Fernando 04:05 AM 12-06-2010
Recently I smoked and reviewed a cigar that I loved immediately, the Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado magnum R52 and now I have the opportunity to review it's bigger brother, the Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado magnum R54. The cigar is not just a tad thicker (ring 54 instead of a 52) but also a tad longer, 6¼ inch versus 5 inch.

The wrapper is nice and brown with a red glow, oily and smooth with a few veins. The cigar has a mild sweet wood smell. The construction is great. The predraw feels good and I taste tobacco.

I taste a spicy earthy flavor soon to be followed by some wood. The flavors are well balanced. After half an inch the wood gets a bit stronger and some puffs later I also taste herbs. After an inch I also get a mild chocolate flavor. The structure is dry.

Halfway the cigar gets a little spicy but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. The spiciness disappears an inch later and all I taste is wood and herbs. The cigar gets a little flat, flat but nice and smooth. After two thirds I taste a mild sweet wood flavor with an herbal aftertaste and just a little splash of pepper.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. I got a lot of thick smoke, just how I like it. The ash is light colored and quite firm. The burn and draw are good. This cigar is medium to full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I liked the magnum R52 better

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
longknocker 04:26 AM 12-06-2010
Thanks For The Awesome Review & Pics, Ferdie!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:47 AM 12-06-2010
Nice review...I didn't care for these.
[Reply]
thebayratt 03:47 PM 12-06-2010
Nice Review!

The 52 is one of my favorites. I seem to like it more than the Hemmingways.
[Reply]
Up