Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Padilla 68
jerseystepup 07:54 PM 08-13-2009
A few weeks ago i won some of these off c-bid in the toro size and underneath the regular 2 bands there was an "edicion de aniversario" band... obv modeled after the LE cuban band... now i just recently picked up some more 68's in the same exact size.. and they didnt have these extra "3rd band" anyone know what if any is the difference?
[Reply]
jerseystepup 08:32 PM 08-13-2009
Ive tried too look everywhere.... nada
[Reply]
bobarian 08:44 PM 08-13-2009
Drop them an email. jorge@padillacigars.com
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 09:44 PM 08-13-2009
I recently bought some Padilla Habanos at a B&M and from CI . The bands are different , same artwork but the embossing and color is nicer on the 5 bought at a local shop . :-) The cigars from both purchases are excellent though so no big deal .
[Reply]
Gargoyle 03:45 AM 08-14-2009
I may be losing my mind here, but didn't Padilla go through a recent change in their whole lineup? Padialla and Pepin used to collaborate, but parted ways. Not sure if there was a change-up with old vs. new manufacturing and this could be a difference of production lots. Or I could just be dead wrong. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 06:06 AM 08-14-2009
No you are not wrong. Pepin used to make all Padilla's. They parted ways a couple months ago and now Padilla is set up to roll their cigars right on Calle Ocho.

As for the 68's. Three Bands? I bought some about 6 weeks ago at the Padilla shop. They have a two band system. Top band is artwork and the lower under band is the cigar number.
[Reply]
Mark C 11:59 AM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
A few weeks ago i won some of these off c-bid in the toro size and underneath the regular 2 bands there was an "edicion de aniversario" band... obv modeled after the LE cuban band... now i just recently picked up some more 68's in the same exact size.. and they didnt have these extra "3rd band" anyone know what if any is the difference?
Probably nothing. They're still using 'Edicion Especial 2006' bands on the current production Achilles. I'm a big fan of Padilla, but he's got some pretty deceptive marketing tricks through CI (see the thread about limited production '68 Salamone Oscuros that ended up being regular production Corojo, but you weren't told until they showed up on your door). My money says it's just an extra band on a regular cigar.

Originally Posted by kydsid:
Pepin used to make all Padilla's. They parted ways a couple months ago and now Padilla is set up to roll their cigars right on Calle Ocho.
Not all. Pepin only made the Miami, 1932, and 1948. I think Padilla also has a factory in Honduras to supplement the Miami factory, but I could be wrong there.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:01 PM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Drop them an email. jorge@padillacigars.com
Are you sure you don't mean Ernesto@padillacigars.com?

Jorge is Padron.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:01 PM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Are you sure you don't mean Ernesto@padillacigars.com?

Jorge is Padron.
I have emailed Ernesto before, but the new website now shows Jorge. http://www.padillacigars.com/
[Reply]
TheRiddick 02:24 PM 08-14-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
No you are not wrong. Pepin used to make all Padilla's. They parted ways a couple months ago and now Padilla is set up to roll their cigars right on Calle Ocho.
They parted ways a LONG time ago, at least a year and a half now.

That said, a local B&M just may have that Pepin stock, still. Although doubtful by now.
[Reply]
Up